Ever Fall asleep with your computer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eva01, Jun 11, 2006.

1. macrumors 601

eva01

I know this is a random thread on a stupid subject.

But i am constantly falling asleep with my Powerbook on my bed with me.

I took a nap today with it on the bed. I almost always fall asleep with my remotes on my bed sometimes my iPod and my DS.

But i do randomly fall asleep with my laptop on the bed too.

Probably not a good idea I know but i was just wondering if anyone else does.

2. macrumors 604

clayj

Nope... I'd be scared of kicking the computer off the bed in the middle of the night.

Not to mention, my new MBP gets pretty hot on the bottom...

3. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Constantly. Neither me, nor my girlfriend have crushed it just yet though. :cool:

4. macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Its happened a few times...Its never been on me, always next to me or in front of me...and I usually wake up within a few minutes because of the music I'm playing.

I have yet to sleep the whole night with my baby, but I hope if it ever happens I don't break it! :D

5. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Never had my ibook on the bed....always on my desk...i keep the compaq for bed surfing.

Bless

6. macrumors 65816

celebrian23

Nope. I stop liking computing when I get really tired which prevents me from getting to the stage where I'd sleep with it.

7. macrumors 65816

me_94501

I happens to me from time to time. My bed's next to a wall so I don't live in fear of having an iBook end up on the floor.

I sometimes end up sleeping on my iPod too. :eek:

8. macrumors 65816

runninmac

I never did with my iBook but now I do it occasionally with my MacBook. Sometimes I do it on purpose when Im cold because its so hot.:p

9. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

With? Nope. On? Yep.

10. macrumors 68000

After G

Used to. But I would wake up rather quickly because the bed got hot.

Don't think it's such a good idea.

11. macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I once fell asleep with my powerbook on my chest. Seriously!! It was only for like a half an hour and it didnt fall off.. I think I was waiting for someone to IM me haha

12. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I do it all the time. I stay up late playing around with the laptop and watching TV and I just doze off. Wake up and its just sitting there, just glad I have never knocked it off.

13. macrumors 65816

me_94501

Yup, that's happened to me too.

14. macrumors 68020

At least no one's fallen asleep with their desktops... :rolleyes:

15. macrumors 68020

oh god... Brings back bad memories.

One time I feel asleep with my iBook and well at like 2 in the morning I heard a load thunk. Then I though, "Oh f*ck, I just broke m baby." It had closed, (maybe I had or my mom or dad, thank god) and I checked the outsie for dents. NOTHING. perfect condition. Then I tried to turn it on. "f*ck, now I have to pay a fortune to get it fixed." I thought. Then I checked the battery metter and the battery was completely drained. so I plugged it in and it has worked fine to this day.

My heart droped when I saw it upside down on the floor though.

To do this day I remember to put my laptop on the floor if I start to doze off.

16. macrumors G3

Yeah! It's so warm and nice with it.. It's bound to happen.

17. macrumors 65816

neocell

5 times.
    2 times too much as I awoke to see it looking up at me from the floor not in the same condition as when I last saw it. :mad:

18. macrumors 68030

homerjward

desktop, no
    but my laptop, yes. once with my old one it fell off, but the one i have right now i leave on my nightstand when i use in bed (gets unbearably hot) so no problems there.

19. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

happens pretty often for me... I'll be lying down on the couch with my powerbook on my stomach while watching a movie, and I'll just drift off to sleep.

Course there have been a few times that I've fallen asleep while chatting online or playing some game (that was mostly back when I played WoW), but it mostly happens with movies.

20. macrumors 603

OutThere

Many times.

Twice I have woken up hours later with keyboard imprints on my face.

Once I fell asleep during a huge, very important guild raid in WoW (yes I was a loser), and my hand went limp, causing me to press the walk-backwards button, and walking me right into a monster, who proceeded to kill the entire raid group.

Once I woke up because the movie I was watching finished.

Once I woke up because I rolled over on my closed powerbook (at like 9 am)

Once I fell asleep with 'compromising' material on the screen. :D

21. macrumors 65816

well I have fallen at sleep at my desktop a few times but that was because I was up almost all night finishing a lab report. woke up abotu 2 hours later with an imprent of the keyboard on my face.

22. Moderator emeritus

sushi

Who knows, I may just be buried with my favorite Mac.

Since in some cultures they consider death the equivalent of a long sleep, does that count? :D

23. macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Happens to me all the time, too. ...haven't rolled over it yet (during sleep that is)

24. macrumors 6502a

Once I was listening to my iPod while on my iBook and I just put my head down for a second, and the next thing I new, I was waking up to "Walkie Talkie Man" a half an hour later. :p

25. macrumors 68000

Josias

Did this once with my MacBook in our couch in front of the tv. In the morning, it had miracilously moved to the other end of the couch. I also did this once with my old windows laptop... Nothing bad happened, but it was wrapped in a blanket somehows, and tore the blanket apart falling to the floor:p