Ever feel overwhelmed by the Community Discussions?

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Jan 15, 2003.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I was just thinking about how I don't post in the community discussions any more because there are so many threads and so many people reply to each one in such a short period of time.

I used to have a lot more free time but now I can't keep track of it anymore.

Some of it is also because of threads getting WAY too off topic though....which I admit I am guilty of every now and then.

Anyone else find it hard to keep up with everythign thats going on here?

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know exactly how u feel...

over the course of the past 9 months or so there has been an explosion of new faces & such...thus creating lots of new stir within the community...

it's these reason u listed above that I choose to remain in the few discussions that I do...

since I've not been so active around the site as usual...it's really hard to keep up with everything... :(

3. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

woah!!! we both have new tar's on the same day???

:eek: :eek:

:cool:

4. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I read many of the forums and post in waves. The thing that gets me about the forums in all the excess posting. Certainly, that is part of the process. If a board is popular, it's going to attract both good (informative) and bad (useless) posting. Someday there will be a 'noise' filter available to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

It is also annoying when people post incorrect information and that if they had thought for a few seconds they would realize their mistake. Again, part of the territory as I'm guilty of it myself.

Another thing that annoys me is when someone quotes a HUGE portion of someone's reply.

I do enjoy this board, eh, website (showing my age) and I think there is a lot of informative topics from both rumors and help with computers. I have searched this website for help on setup and opinions about software many times.

5. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

You will never be able to keep up with EVERYTHING. Pick that which interests you and embrace it. I've been getting more of a kick from the recent spate of political threads than I have from the G5 99ghz threads lately. Hmm, maybe I should go back and see what people are saying over there...bye!

6. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I agree. I had to take a break for a while from the community section. I knew that if I came in here I would get into an endless debate about politics, and manage to change no ones opinion of anything.

So, that is where I have been. I am coming back to the community section, but I will not be entering any political discussions.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Since I've been in Phoenix for a couple weeks and not been able to regularly view the forums, I've not been able to keep up at all. I don't feel overwhelmed, but I do feel as though missing some of the discussions, which I am.

I don't think its that big a deal.

D

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

So what do you think of the weather in Phoenix right now?

Sure beats the possibility of snow, like some other areas.

9. Chomolungma macrumors regular

Re: Ever feel overwhelmed by the Community Discussions?

Blame jefhatfield and Wdlove among others.:D

10. vniow macrumors G4

Not really, I spend most of my time on these forums browsing through this section and if there's a thread that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he...I noticed your new avatar earlier...nice ;)