Ever had a paranormal experience?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Feb 11, 2003.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    I got to wondering, have any of you ever had a paranormal experience? Seen ghosts or anything 'unexplainable'? Ever been somewhere where you just got spooked? Ever gotten that ominous feeling, like something was watching you or just that the room was 'cold'? Do you believe in the paranormal?

Personally, I have never seen anything but while staying in the Grosvenor House in London we did have an interesting experience. Tress was sleeping in the single room the first night we got there, around 3am she woke because it was cold in the room. The window directly above her bed had been opened all the way (it was an old weighted window), but none of us had done it. She refused to sleep in that room the remainder of the trip. I tried to sleep there the next night - there was definitely something odd about it, just a feeling you get laying there. I didn't spend the entire night in the room. :)

That’s it though, how about you guys?
    I think this could be an interesting thread.
  2. GrandShenlong macrumors member

Dec 26, 2002
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    I had a few when I was younger, but I haven't had any in quite a while. I wonder why?

4. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2001
    Well, I was with my friend in a forest, and I said something bad is gonna happen.. and snake run in front of our eyes!

I had few other experiences, here is one, I was sitting in front of iMac and TV was behind me, turned with back to me so I cannot see the screen, and it was Baywatch on it.. Suddenly, I said "TESTING" and 2 seconds later somebody on TV said exactly that!! I was freaking scared!
  5. hvfsl macrumors 68000

Jul 9, 2001
    London, UK
    It depends what you mean by Paranormal, my dad saw Jesus and that is what made him convert to christianity. I am not talking about a man claiming to be Jesus, but a brilliant white figure appear before his eyes.

I have never seen anything paranormal, although I would love to see an alien. About the hotel/house you saided in, do you know that some Hotels in the UK have computer controlled windows to make it seem like there are ghosts, to get more people visiting the place to see the ghosts.

Anyway lets just say that there was a ghost in that room, thats probably the most they could manipulate in the real world. Anything that exsists cant brake the laws of science, so you could have probably done more harm to the ghost than it could have done to you. It was probably more scared of you than you of it, or why else would want you out of it's room?
  6. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
  7. kettle macrumors 65816

May 12, 2002
    England, Great Britain (Airstrip One)
    no wait...
    Is that once for yes and twice for no or twice for yes and once for no?:eek:
  8. cr2sh thread starter macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    Missed that thread.. damn! :)
  9. ejb190 macrumors 65816

I was closing one night at a major theme park in Flordia. I was in an area near the back of an attraction when I heard what sounded like a small child giggling echo through the building. I looked around, but found nothing.

I mentioned it to one of the full time guys the next day and he turned white before my eyes, but he wouldn't tell me what had him so spooked.

Oh, and we had this toad that appeared at the same place every night as we were closing up. Never saw that thing during the day - even after we took that whole area apart for cleaning. But sure enough, it was back that night!