Ever had a REALLY lucky day?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Josh, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Today has got to be the absolute most lucky day of my life.

This morning when I check my email, I noticed that my Dell 2007FPW, which wasn't supposed to ship for 2 more weeks, and my Apple USB modem, which was supposed to ship at the end of July, both shipped this morning.

This afternoon at the book store, I got Homer's Iliad for $1.

Buying lunch today, grilled talapia w/ hummus and rice, I thought "I've never tried the baklava here...maybe next time since this was $8." So I pay for my meal (to go) and begin walking out, when I hear "Sir! Let me give you one of these!" as the lady behind the corner pulls out a baklava, wraps it up, and hands it to me - free of charge.

All small things, but these are the ones I think count the most.

I don't know what it is, but this day is really lucky so far. Hopefully I can pass it on to the next person :)

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Good for you.....I'm about to go for lunch...maybe someone will give me a sandwhich too:)

Bless

3. michaeldmartin macrumors regular

michaeldmartin

Whenever I have lucky days, they always end unluckily....

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

buzzkill

enjoy it josh. let me know if you find the winning lotto ticket...

5. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Josh

lol...I'm looking for the golden ticket.

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hey man, that was just a movie, it's not real.

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

One day, I got to go attend an Adobe conference instead of going to the office. That wasn't so much lucky as it was planned, but it's still better than going to work! Then, at the conference when they were giving away door prizes, I thought that I was going to walk home empty handed when they called out someone elses name for the last prize. Fortunately for me, she had left early. My name was the next one called, and I won a copy of Creative Suite 2. Lucky me!

8. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

I had a day like that a few months ago. It started at lunch at Rubio's (a fast food mexican restaurant), I was standing next to the salsa bar waiting for my friend to get his food when I noticed a baseball game on with my fantasy pitcher starting. When I moved closer to the TV someone dropped their whole tray of food right where I was standing a second before: salsa, 44 oz coke, beans, and burrito exploded on the floor.

Then my next two classes were cancelled so I got to go home early.

It was Friday.

and my fantasy pitcher won the game.

There was a few more minor things that just made the day though I can't remember right now.

9. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Whats this Apple USB modem you speak of. You mean to say that you actually need one? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

10. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Josh

LOL!

Unfortunately so. A good way for this day to end would be verizon/comcast/etc announcing high-speed in my area, but I don't see that ever happening.

Only dial-up where I live :( (well, there is satelite...but a $500 hardware fee then $99 a month for 128k speed is for loonies)

11. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

The day I won a trip to Hong Kong was REALLY lucky, but that was almost 10 years ago. I tried to have a repeat performance last weekend with a contest for a brand new 06 Mustang convertible. It was a 1 in 180 shot, but I lost. Most unlucky.

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

My daughter was born on a Sunday morning during football season. However she was nice enough to pick the packers bye week. :D

13. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Now that's luck! :)

14. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Nope can't say I have. Maybe today though... Maybe my optimism is killing it. :rolleyes:

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

my ups backup system was all set to arrive today, by fedex. i go out of town tonight through wednesday. my plan is to eyetv all the world cup games in the meantime, but the intermittent brownouts at my house had me worried my computer would go off and not come back on to record. fedex doesn't usually drop packages off at my house (and thus, i wouldn't have gotten it in time for my trip), but this time they did. so that's lucky for me then!

thanks josh. pay it forward

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    We'll see tonight. Tonight is the last night us in Colorado can smoke in bars. ****ing nanny state... Anyway, I have a date. Maybe I'll get to christen my new apartment and my new bed tonight. WOOT!

17. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Aw, that sucks. I mean the smoking ban. I'll be out your way on Sun. 7/9. Up for a few drinks, maybe dinner that day? Even if we do have to go outside to smoke.

Good luck tonight.

18. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

my luckiest day - was the day i met my wife:)

but

since then most of the days have been unlucky :D

19. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I wish you all the best. And double-check your condoms to make sure they're not of the novelty luminous variety.

20. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I'm with you, man - I definitely don't smoke (nor do I advocate smoking), but banning smoking in restaurants and bars is ludicrous. This is America, right...?

Less and less people smoke every day (yes, yes, it is on the decline...) - ultimately, the market will force bars and restaurants to begin banning smoking themselves. It's not the government's job...it'll happen eventually anyway.

Until then, we non-smokers can find places that don't allow smoking (TONS of those places exist throughout Colorado) and smokers can enjoy a good beer and a smoke in bars...

Oh well :(

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Yeah, the last thing I need is to end up looking like rudolph the red... um. Nevermind. :D

Downsey: Yus, beer and food. And women possibly. We'll see. :p

22. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

That is sooo friggin awesome! :D

23. Josh thread starter macrumors 68000

Josh

Run for your life.

(not from me, but others here will be chasing you with large sticks)

24. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

right. but they are smokers and im sure i can outrun them. and besides, even if i couldnt, they would have to stop half way through kicking my ass to take a smoke break.:D

25. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

One day, while I was at a starbucks, I flirted with the barista and got a free chai frapp.
    And then I went to a fancy grocery with lotsa samples... they let me take more than one.

then later that day, I bought a scratchoff card and won $3! ROCK!

MAN! That day was LUCKY.

also something blablabla tigernight, yada yad yada. The starbucks day was more fun. :D