Ever had people from New Orleans come party with you??

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macrosoft, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Macrosoft macrumors newbie

Just wondering who here has had the pleasure of having a couple of New Orleans natives spend a weekend or longer with them, and if they had a ripping good time, or wished they would go home the whole time.

2. zed macrumors 6502

Yeah, ive had people from New Orleans spend many weekends... but i dont think i count, living in Baton Rouge and all....

actually, I will be in New Orleans tomorrow looking for a place to live....

2 or 3 bedroom house or apartment... pets.... etc. not much fun!

you wouldnt happen to have a connection with the Audubon Zoo would ya?

3. Macrosoft thread starter macrumors newbie

Locals don't count...

I'm talking out of state visits here. Like for example, the PITTSBURGH area (ahem, ahem). And no ties with the Audobon Zoo since I escaped...:D :D :D

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, eye was coming to visit next weekend, but he's been too busy with work and can't swing another trip so soon after Flux - you should talk to Moxiemike - he just had eye and his friend up from New Orleans - and you can see some pix on the flux thread....

D

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

uhhh.. hey duke... take a nap.... then reread the flux thread, then this one.... see if you can't make a connection between macrosoft and flux......

though i don't quite get the point of this thread myself.

i've had people from germany visit. and from holland. and from pennsylvania and maryland and virginia. and that's pretty fun.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so sorry duke

u know I REALLY wanted to come up for a few days...just with that whole sniper deal...it was better not to go forth... :(

I do still plan to go up to DC though as long as the offer still stands... ;)

As for partying, Macrosoft & I just had the pleasure of spending the most fun-filled 72 straight hours of nonstop partying & mischief with Moxiemike & his buddy Dug last weekend... :D

So now we're hoping to get some of u guys back down south to NOLA...Jazz Fest anyone? ;)

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: so sorry duke

Just busting your ass a little there eye - the offer still stands, you know that.

And yes jello, I knew what the thread was about, I just was using it for my own ends. I personally think Macrosoft is just trying to get some more invites around the country, that and a little recognition but I wasn't going to go there....;)

Sometimes I'm too subtle,

D

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: so sorry duke

he he...yeah...he's a leach... ;)

just kidding...I think he's more trying to get more get-togethers happening...it was his first time meeting any Macrumors regulars... ;)

so I'm thinking Duke...it's gonna have to be when Spring starts hitting...unfortunate...I really wanted to see DC in the Fall...

9. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Macrosoft,

you are invited wherever dug and i travel to-- be it an abadoned mental ward or a jaunt to canada, eh? ;)

m

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This weekend the weather is absolutely perfect - sunny, 55. Next weekend it will probably rain anyway. Springs great - you should time it for April/May when the cherry blossoms come out around the Mall - very nice.

D