Ever had this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Oct 6, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2005
    I've been getting this often on my verizon phone when i make a call and it will say "we're sorry, the circuit is busy. please try later" and will not complete the call. Today, my landline did it at the same time as my verizon phone but my sprint phone did not. What's going on here?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I'd imagine you'll find a lot of people who have had that happen, especially cell phone users...it's one of the most common complaints among cell phone users. I have Sprint and have been fortunate enough that I've only had it happen maybe five times in the last six years.
  3. Hummer macrumors 65816

Feb 3, 2006
    Queens, New York NY-5
  4. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2005
    I agree. Their service used to be great, but it seems to have been deteriorating recently.
  5. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Well this is not exactly the same thing, but its weird. I am not receiving phone calls in the morning in my bedroom until I make a call out---even though all my bars are full max. Over the past month on Saturdays and Sundays I will get a bunch of messages around lunchtime of people trying to call me all morning! I cannot figure this out.:confused: :confused:

Now I have been with Verizon Wireless for three years and I have liked them more than Suncom and Alltel from back in the day.
  6. dsnort macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2006
    In persona non grata
    My employer recently switched our cell phones from Verizon to Cingular. I have had more dropped calls in the last two weeks on Cingular than I did in the prior 3 years on Verizon. And the Samsung phone they got for me is a POC.
  7. jamone80 macrumors regular

Sep 22, 2006
    So Cal
    Bummer. I actually live bout 20 minutes from one of Verizon's transmission towers, so my serivce is awesome. My school is even closer! :D
  8. MultiM macrumors 6502

May 9, 2006
    TO. I've moved!
    I've never lost a call or service or had any problems of any sort. Does it make a difference that I have a Canadian phone service? I hear o much about dropped calls and every other problem, but I've never experienced them. I even get service when I go into the mountains. Huh...
  9. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2005
    People always say that the US carriers are so bad and constantly dropping calls....it's not always that way. I think reception depends on how many towers the carrier has put in your area. My verizon phone doesn't get very good reception here whereas my sprint phone hooks up to their tower across the street. (digression: i looked on T-Mobile's coverage map and it shows a tower right where the sprint one is. do they share towers? put one on top of another?) The mountains can vary. The Rockies are, well, rocky and it's hard to get service in them here in Colorado. Although, it does matter if the carrier put in towers, like verizon doesn't work at all in vail and sprint even has a tower at midvail (the halfway put between the base and the summit). and i don't think it's a coincidence that sprint's ceo has a vacation home in vail and that sprint is the official sponsor of the mountain up there.
  10. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.

Poor cell phone service and reliability is due to the worldwide proliferation of cheap, mega-mass-produced-lowest-cost-to-make POS phones that are sold nowadays, 99% of which do NOT comply with any sort of industry standards or specifications, other than being able to get every possible human on the planet addicted to them.

But, like many things nowadays, once we become used it, we just tend to accept all of the little imperfections as normal......and unfortunately, we are WAY past that point where anything can be done about it :(
  11. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2005
    So are you saying I"m using a GSM phone here on Verizon???