Ever NOT been able to buy an album you like?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iJawn108, Mar 11, 2007.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

About two months ago I found out King Cobb Steelie(an awsome Canadian group) had released an album last year(Destroy All Code). I couldn't find it in stock in the local store, and from what I remember their albums where in short spint and normally $40 or $50 ummm no thank you. I wanted to just hear it, I even looked for non legit ways of doing so and NOTHING. :( I gave up and was bummed out. I gave iTunes a try... nada. I sent Apple an email and low and behold... I look tonight just by chance(I rarely buy music online) and :eek: it was added! I of course immediately bought it.

Anyways thank you apple for listening to my request, and thank you King Cobb for making a wicked album in these bleak musical times. Use your voice(or fingers) and tell companies what you want, it can work.

John

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Glad iTMS worked out for you. If the band in question has a website, they will almost always have CDs for sale by mail.

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys OST. It's got some 70's style guitar tracks performed by Joshua Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) on it that I dig. Haven't been able to find it new or used or even on p2p/torrent. I'm sure I could find it on ebay but I still don't particularly trust or really want to deal with ebay.

4. iJawn108 thread starter macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Thats the thing... they dont. Well they do but it's from 5 or 6 years ago and has not been updated and their links are broken.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

if you are seriously searching give them a try it could work.

5. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Sort of - it took my years to finally find a copy of Planet Funk's "The Illogical Consequence" album for a decent price. Never got released outside Italy, and italian CD shops charge far more for their albums than anybody else... :mad:

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Brooks Buford - Straight Outta Rehab (Never Officially released in the US)
    Rehab - Cuz We Can (Never Released except for on the internet if you knew special people)

7. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Ebn-Ozn's Feeling Cavalier
    However, this thread inspired me to look again and it has been reissued!

It is not on iTunes, but I like to have the CD anyway.

There are also some old punk compilations I have on cassette that I can't find.
    At least not to buy...

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The Beatles' Help album isn't in the same form as the original soundtrack. e.g. there are some instrumentals at the beginning of "Help" that are left out of the CD I have.

9. sonofjabba macrumors member

You can download whole albums most under 9 dollars for Canadian groups at:

http://www.zunior.com/

I'm a big Hayden, and Cuff the Duke fan myself. It's mainly all Canadian music for digital download.
    :D

Hope this helps you out!