Ever Wonder "Who's" Behind Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Josh, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Thats pretty neat. I would love to take a tour of some software companies someday.... Apple, Adobe, Autodesk, and maybe some game devs. That would be pretty sweet.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I saw that. It's such a nice building, moogly moogly googly!

I'd looove to go there, but since no one will let me into any buildings, I'll have to settle with taking pics with signs. :)

/is a security risk
    //Took pictures in the fed, then got yelled at
    ///took several more pictures after that.

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

looks really cool. i wonder how the work athmosphere is there. lots of stress and timelines or rather relaxed and creative?

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

I've been lucky enough to visit Adobe a few times for work, and even know a couple of people who work there. Apparently, it's a pretty fun place to work, although I'm sure it can be stressful at times.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

I would guess that it is pretty laid back and relaxed in there right now seeing as how CS2 was recently released. But you can bet that about a month or two before CS3(?) is released, there have got to be a lot of long nights and lonely spouses. Its how a lot of creative/ design places operate - and have to operate. People can't and don't perform that well under continually high stress levels.

7. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I can't believe Adobe has those 2 huge skyscraper buildings! How many people work there? I figured it would have been in a skyscraper, but maybe 3-4 floors of the whole building. I wonder what all those people do.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i am especially fond of the fact that many of them are using macs ;)
    that was cool, beautiful building!

9. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I've also had a chance to visit - nice HQ. BTW emw - what gives with your new avatar? Very Donald Trump comb-over style.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

One time I had a head developer to come in and buy a computer. His mother was from my area and was getting her a computer. He opened up photoshop for us and showed us his name at the very top. Now that I think of it, I can't even remember his name.

jon

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah i'm surprised they have so much real estate, i know they make a lot of products, but those buildings are pretty big... I've been in a HQ now and again, but that one is large. Wonder if they have on-site tech support call center or something, those eat up floorspace.

12. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

That actually looks like a pretty good place to work. Would still rather work at Panic or a place of similar size, though...

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Pixar for me. But I don't have a doctorate degree in computer animation. :(

14. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Looks like a nice place. Lots of Macs there too.

15. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

couldn't have said it better myself

16. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I always notice the name "Seetharanan Narayanan" in the Photoshop splash screen and am astounded by the number of a's and n's. Kinda cool to see a photo of the guy. ;)

17. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

I want to be a tech dork, the ****** part is I dont have the attention to details needed.

18. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Thanks for the link. It is always interesting to view the people behind some of the things we love and work with. I would love to have several of their magnetic letter phrases. Have several from my two schools but they are not as geeky :D more about leadership and environment (bike to school rather than drive)

I remember one of my art teachers telling me that her first husband was one of many consulting artists who was brought onboard during the very first build of Photoshop.