Evercrack is coming to X

Discussion in 'Games' started by job, Jul 17, 2002.

1. job
    macrumors 68040

job

2. macrumors regular

I'm not sure if I should be overjoyed or dreading its release...I'm sure it will suck away my life if I get it...but on the other hand...being wrong can be so right....

-ArtMan617

3. macrumors 6502a

I don't know about EQ. I've got a friend who's addicted and has been playing for an average of 5 hours a day, for the last 3 years. From what I can tell, the game is all about killing monsters and leveling up. Seems pretty boring to me. Everwinter Nights appears to be more interesting.

4. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have seen EQ its graphics are fairly primitive and cartoony. Also the landscape is nothing to write home about. I don't see how its so much fun, I liked Diablo better, Play War3 instead its ten times better.

5. job
    thread starter macrumors 68040

job

Neverwinter Nights looks and plays great. :)

I sure they do a decent port of the Toolset.

6. macrumors regular

Im just Waiting for MystOnline -codename Mudpie- release next year , it will rock!!:cool:

you can see some images and drawings at www.mystonline.com
    "imagine Myst with infinite Ages to Explore..."

7. macrumors member

itll prolly run like SH*T just lke all the other X games out there.. i've said it ebfore, and i'll say it again, OSX sucks for gaming..

...and im out..

-sev

8. macrumors 6502

OS X doesn't suck for gaming. I play UT under OS X and I get way better frame-rates then in OS 9. Also, Jaguar will be amazing, especially for gaming and graphics intensive apps.

Draft

9. macrumors regular

Wow....I had no idea that was even going on! That looks incredible! I can't wait!

-ArtMan617

10. macrumors 6502a

OS X is *far* better for gaming than OS 9 is... Just look at OS 9's Carbon routines vs. OS X's carbon routines...

Then think about the online aspect of EQ... Then think about how utterly crap the Classic Mac OS's TCP/IP response times are...

Understand the technology before saying something stupid.

11. macrumors 6502a

OMG, Evercrack is going to be awesome on OS X... Sure, the graphics are a bit old, but hopefully that will mean the sysreqs will be lower. Imagine being able to play EQ on an iBook... That would be so cool!!!

Finally, i can convince some of my dieheard eq friends to switch over to Mac and rest assured that eq is still available :)