Evernote Adds 'Quick Note' Feature to Speed Notetaking

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 12, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Evernote has upgraded its menulet item to enhance the workflow of its users who take notes frequently. Users can click the Evernote icon in their menubar from within any application and immediately begin typing a note, or can even drag files directly to the icon to upload them to the service.

[​IMG]
    The update has not yet gone live on the App Store, but users can download the new version directly from Evernote's website.

Evernote is a free download from the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Evernote Adds 'Quick Note' Feature to Speed Notetaking

2. macrumors 68000

patent10021

I am always copying and pasting text/ideas from safari to Notes for safe keeping/syncing in iCloud. Since it's a hassle switching between apps, I was wondering if Evernote (or another app) might be for me. I would like iCloud syncing though.

Any advice?

3. macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I have stickies littered all over all of my (home, work, portable.) This looks like it'll let me take notes as quickly as stickies, but will it let me access notes as quickly as stickies?

4. macrumors 6502a

5. UnalignedByte, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

macrumors newbie

Surprise surprise...

My app, Rapid Note, does exactly that, but better as it allows you to use a global hotkey and very soon will have iCloud support and free, accompanying iOS app.

Maybe sometime someone will make a post about me :rolleyes:

If any one was interested, you can check it out here: Rapid Note

---

Just noticed that it has also support for a hotkey. My bad.

6. macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I know that feel. MR prefers to only report on apps that most people already know about. I think at this point everyone who checks the MR forums ever knows about my app, but only because of how frequently I've plugged it for the last year.

7. macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Is it me or the screenshot looks exactly like an Android homescreen :eek:

8. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Yeah but your app costs money and you don't have an iOS app yet. :)

Evernote is free across the board.........

Hopefully your app gains some traction and is recognized here. But I doubt they are going to pay much credence to a snarky post.

9. macrumors 68040

zhenya

So does your app also have full featured clients with a consistent UI on Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, extensions for most every browser, not to mention full-featured editing from any web browser?

Thought so. :rolleyes:

10. macrumors G3

rhett7660

LOL.... I was thinking this, but well you pretty much summed it up. :)

11. macrumors newbie

I didn't mean to compare my app to Evernote, it's nowhere near the same league. Evernote is a great piece of software, don't get me wrong.

Rapid Note is built around just a single feature which I came up with a while ago. Seeing that Evernote is getting something similar makes me think that my idea isn't half bad after all so I wanted to share with you something I've made, as I think it's relevant to the news :)

12. macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

This is just a feature for adding new notes. To access them, you have to launch the Evernote app. It takes 10-15seconds for me to launch the app and run a basic search on a Mac, less if the app is already open, obviously. Same workflow takes half the time on my phone or iPad, unless it has to sync first.

----------

I love it. No need for actual iCloud syncing since everything is synced via evernote's servers.

13. macrumors 6502a

szw-mapple fan

It syncs with email. It's really not that much of a hassle setting it up.