everquest on mac via vpc??

Discussion in 'Games' started by hui__lim, Dec 11, 2002.

1. hui__lim macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2002
    Hi guys,
    Can't wait. My PB with SD is arriving tomorrow yay. Anyway I'm a switcher (well not yet but tomorrow I will be one :D ) and was wondering, has anyone played Everquest on VPC? If so, is this easy to do or is it really jerky?? Would be excellent if my ideas works as it would save me a few bucks on buying and waiting for EQ to come out on the mac, plus I can stay in contact with all the friends that i have made on eq, keep all my items, don't have to start being a newbie again.
    Apple noob
    (p.s. any info on games on VPC 5 would be an additional bonus as well. PB im getting is 1GHz, 1GB ram with 64DDR ATI card).
  2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    It's my understanding that you can't play any good games through VPC, because it only allows for something like 4megs of the video card to be used. We've talked about this numerous times, and most Mac users say you can't play ANY games through VPC. Yet, others say it's possible to play some. Could someone with a little more knowledge shed some more light?
  3. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    Don't even try it.

I've tried to run simple "3-D" games in VPC and I have never seen my Mac chug that much.

There is no support for hardware acceleration in VPC, so the 4 megs of video is software/2-D only.

You would be better off waiting for the Mac port of EQ.