Everquest Online Mac FREE 30 day trial!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Converted2Truth, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Right now, www.eqmac.com has a link to get a free 30 day trial to Everquest for the Mac. I've successfully created my account, and an having some fun! I suggest to everyone else here to come join me!

I'm not even gonna bother with WOW until they desist from forcing me to jump through the hoopes of fileplanet!

GET FREE KEY AND STUFF HERE!!!

2. Converted2Truth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

smart move on their part. **** BLIZZARD. they won't even take my money and i've been trying to give it to them all day. i'll go play everquest, apparently they would appreciate my business at the very least.

blizzard, you've really botched this one.

4. kparvez macrumors member

thanks blizzard

Yes, finally, after a 6 hr wait, i managed to get my final and last email with the beta key, and link to download WoW. i'm downloading as i speak... (fingers crossed)... Druid Night Elves, here i come!

5. Converted2Truth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Let's keep this tread about Everquest Online:Mac edition...

I'd like people to see it so i have people to play with :)

6. rbarris macrumors 6502

:(

7. iZzle macrumors member

Thanks Converted! I'm DL'ing the game and look forward to playing. I got something to tide me over till OB of WoW. :D

8. kilpajr macrumors regular

I downloaded EQMac the other day and just got a chance to play today. All I can say is WHAT DO I DO? I tried reading the help at the bottom of the screen but it hasn't helped very much. This game seems to have a huge learning curve. Can anyone recommend where to find resources/tutorials for beginners?

One of the first things I did was accidentally attack one of the NPCs which proceeded to knock me into unconciousness in about 0.2 seconds. :eek: Not a very good start.

By the way, this is the first MMORPG I have played. I was really looking forward to playing WOW but if it is this unintuitive I will be very disappointed.

Am I just a complete moron or has anyone else had the same experience?

9. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Yep, you can go ahead and play a 3 or more year old game instead of playing what will be the sweetest MMORPG that ever existed, WoW.

No thanks, EQ, I'll stick with my reserved WoW Collector's Edition. ;)

10. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I picked up a demo disc out of a stack at CompUSA a few days ago, and after I installed it, it tried to make me give them my credit card.

...No way in hell I'm giving a credit card number just to play a 30-day trial.

11. Fezwick macrumors 6502

When I beta tested EQ for Mac I had the same experience. I had no idea what to do and I just eventually gave up.

WoW is much different. They give you quests and hints on where to go. Also the first monsters aren't really hard so it gives you a chance to figure out the controls/combat system which is nice. In EQ I was always getting killed by giant bees and other nasty forest creatures.

So to sum it up, when playing WoW, you won't be completely in the dark.

12. kilpajr macrumors regular

Thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had this experience. I am really looking forward to WOW. I want to preorder the Collector's Edition but I'm somewhat worried about what kind of performance I will get on my PB. Someone posted that they were getting only 17-19 fps on a PB with the same specs as mine! If this is true, I'm not sure if I am going to enjoy the game enough to buy it. Bring on the Open Beta!

13. Converted2Truth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

This tutorial will get you on your feet. You're right about this being a hard game to get into, but this tutorial will help alot. http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4782

Also check out www.eqmac.com for all your other questions. those dudes know everything.