Everquest????????

Discussion in 'Games' started by ian559, Apr 16, 2003.

1. ian559 macrumors member

I just saw in a mag that Everquest is comin to Mac? Anyone hear a release date? I for one am looking forward to this game.

2. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

u can buy it from the apple store

whats the monthly rate? i might buy it too

i need an rpgish mmorg game - too much RTCW and MOH-AA

is Sims Online comin to mac?

3. ian559 thread starter macrumors member

I was just on ign and it said not out till june8th........... Damn I am bored I need a good game

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I hope it doesn't come to mac...

I've already lost one friend to it :(. He plays
    24/7 now. He has a 1 average in one of his classes
    and I am not joking... Well we still talk, somtimes...

;)

5. ian559 thread starter macrumors member

It seems cool to me to finally be able to try it. Sony says it will be a mac only universe. There will not be wintel people on the same servers. THey say it will be like starting from scratch without all the wintel people who have been playing it for years kicking our butts

6. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

8. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

sims online was a flop, they dont need to waste their time porting it to mac.

iJon

10. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

iJon

do ya know what the monthly rate for peecceees are on everquest?

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

this is what i found on their site, its from april last year, but i am assuming the prices havent changed since then.

"Due to the increased costs of running the EverQuest game service, we will be increasing our subscription rates in April. Effective April 25, 2002, the new monthly subscription rate will be $12.95/month. We will continue to offer discounts from the new rate plan on multi-month subscriptions. You don?t have to do a thing; you will automatically be migrated to the new billing structure under your current subscription plan when your current subscription plan expires.

New rates as of April 25, 2002:

EverQuest
    $12.95 per Month
    $35.85 for 3 Months
    $65.70 for 6 Months

EverQuest Legends
    $39.95 per Month

HOWEVER, for a limited time only, you may extend your current subscription for an additional 12 or 24 months by signing up for the new EQ 12 or 24 month plan ? and reap great savings off of the new rates:

Extend for 12 months for $119.95 US ? and get a 23% discount off of the new monthly rates!

Extend for 24 months for $199.95 US ? and get a 35% discount off of the new monthly rates!

Now is the time to lock in these rates, so don?t miss out.

All pricing plans (except for the 12 and 24 month extension plans) are recurring, meaning you will continue to be billed at the appropriate interval, until you cancel your subscription. Note that purchasers of the full game will receive their free month of game play after supplying valid billing information. If you cancel your subscription during the free month, no charges will be made to your credit card.

New York State and Texas residents will be charged sales tax.

All subscription fees will appear on your credit card statement under the heading "SOE*EverQuest".

Please note:

The subscription charges are in addition to the cost of the game. You will need to purchase a copy of the game from a retail store or online at the Station Store. The price of the game will vary depending upon the store."

iJon

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

urg, that is waayy too much for a game/monthly.

They should add the cost to the game itself not an after cost.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

thats about the normal price for games like this. i wish planetside wasnt pay per month, good thing i got into the beta because thats the only time ill play it.

iJon

14. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

there are a lot of people that complain about MMORPG monthly costs, i wouldn't. Im not flaming anyone but I hang out in the World of warcarft forms alot and eveyone made a big list of the costs that go along with a game like that (to keep it going) and there is a lot of costs...

15. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Its got to be soon.

Just got my Everquest BETA download link from Sony today. Thats right! I get to beta test Everquest. Somehow it was my lucky day!

You should see the requirements for this however.

Summary of EQ Mac System Requirements

CPU: Power Macintosh G3 500 minimum, Power Macintosh G4 700 recommended
    OS Version: 10.2.4 (Jaguar)
    Physical memory: 128MB minimum, 256MB recommended
    Graphics memory: 32MB
    Hard disk: ~2.1GB

G4/700 recommended! Yowser!

I wonder if its optimized for Dual CPU MDDs???

Wish me luck!

16. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

too bad sony doesnt care more about us, they have some more games coming out, some in open beta and they are great.

iJon

17. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I've been playing EQ on the PC side for about three years now.

The way I look at the pricing is something like this: I'm paying upwards of $50 per month for cable TV, and I'm getting far more enjoyment out of EverQuest. $12.95 per month is just not that much to pay in relative terms. I'm probably paying more for the electricity to run the computer while playing EQ than I'm paying to play EQ.

A MMO game is a huge undertaking. You just can't do it without charging monthly.

With that said, I have not even bothered to sign up for the EQ Mac beta, and I won't be buying it. I'd love to be able to play on my Powerbook, but if I can't play my established character on his original server, then there's no point in the product for me. SOE's rationalizations about fairness to Mac gamers who are EQ newbies do not even remotely begin to explain why my situation cannot be accommodated.

18. hui__lim macrumors regular

Good point Gelfin. Although I still subscribe to EQ but haven't touched it for a year, I might just get a new pc (old pc is getting pretty dated now) to play eq and pc games. I think it is really unreasonable that they require you to start from scratch all over again (I mean I have invested a lot of time on my pc characters thats why im still playing to pay although i dont play much).

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well my friend got into the beta and i watched him play. bad graphics, slow load times, old game, nothing to get to excited about since the 2nd one will be out in a year or so. but on the other hand this isnt my type of game so im sure it will be good. our hardcore pc games at work said it looks exactly the same as the pc and it will probably be the number 1 game for the macintosh.

iJon

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

ok i just got into the everquest beta, its the first phase of beta. this is not my type of games and i dont want to play it. i would like to give it to someone who would actually test it and submit bugs to bring this great game to mac. please somebody who is serious let me know, and you can have my copy.

iJon

21. hui__lim macrumors regular

ijon, Im seriously interested in your copy. Ive played eq on pc for several years now and wouldnt mind seeing what it actually looks like and helping to make eq for the mac better. my email address is hui__lim@hotmail.com if you would like to contact me. Thanks

22. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well im at school, ill email you when i get home. since you were the first to respond to me you can have it.

iJon

23. hui__lim macrumors regular

cheers mate!! i look forward to receiving your email!!

24. Sonar macrumors newbie

25. hui__lim macrumors regular

Well its different. In EQ, one has the ability to chat to different people in a vast fantasy world (the world is huge), probably will take about 2 hours or more to travel to one side from the other (by this, i mean running all the way and not teleporting and also using the public transportation, i.e. boats & by the way, that doesnt mean you have visited half of the world). There are also thousands of people on one server (peak times around 2000) so its fun interacting with them. Compared with diablo, it's a huge world. EQ also has loads of quests which i find fun to do as it requires teamwork etc. IMO, i think EQ is better.