every little bit helps, right?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by enginerd, Aug 6, 2004.

1. enginerd macrumors member

Hey everybody,

I have a bunch of machines folding for another team but only one mac among them; an iMac G3 350. I was just curious about its production so I decided it to switch it to a mac team. Just turned in its first wu. So anybody else out there curious about how a low end mac performs, just watch me. hehe

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

no worries, i used to fold with my brothers g3 powerbook... then i stopped cause it would get hot enough to fry eggs on top of it... every bit counts!

3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

4. enginerd thread starter macrumors member

The iMac got its next wu--did some quick calculations and determined it will take about 18(!) days to finish the next one. Well fortunately, I did add an eMac that will contribute much better. It won't run 24/7 like the iMac but it should help me move up your team ranks decently.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

That's two, keep it up and in no-time all your machines will be folding for team 3446! :D

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

we do happily accept non-mac machines folding for team3446, so feel free to switch all of them to the cause.
    but anyways, welcome and yes, every bit helps

7. enginerd thread starter macrumors member

Well I think I'll keep my PCs as they are, but maybe I'll be able to add a couple more eMacs. So that should give me decent numbers here. The first eMac got a wu that took only 5 minutes/frame but now it's got one that takes 60. Would be nice if it gave me twelve times the point, but I don't think so. ;)
    Ah well, happy folding everybody! :cool: