Every other post is 'New to Mac'...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacBoobsPro, Oct 11, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Its great. It just proves that the controversial ads are working. Either that or Windows is not. :D

I think Apple have played Vista beautifully and will continue to do so when Leopard comes out AFTER Vista and takes a giant leap ahead of windows again. I read somewhere today that a longtime windows user had installed Vista and found it to be basically XP in an OSX skin. Including under the hood gubbins. Basically it was XP with added code to patch the holes. So it weighs in at 4GB or something while OSX is 2GB. Maybe its that 'Afro' interface; just too damn big. :D
  2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    The 32-bit version is something along those lines. The 64-bit version is not. A lot of software vendors have complained that many of the things about the 64-bit version breaks their existing software but I like the implementation they've taken for the 64-bit Vista. It's definitely an improvement.

However I also don't doubt that Leopard will still be nicer to use - although I think comparing my experience of Mac vs PC in the early 90's when I first started as a Mac user is that the longer Apple goes on, the smaller the differences become.
  3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.