Everybody wants a 13" MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coday182, Sep 18, 2006.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2006
    Jamestown, IN
    But I want a 15.4" Macbook. Is there any chance in the future for one? The spec for the top end Macbook would be perfect for me, but I want a bigger screen without dishing out the $ for a MBP. It seems like there is a gap here. Kind of like the gap for a PC tower between the Mini and the mac pro.
  2. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2005
    Not sure about that, because a 15'' MB would be pretty much the same as a 15'' MBP. The only difference apart from casing would probably be the graphics card.
  3. treblah macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2003
    How much would you be willing to spend on a 15.4in MB?

If you said $1549 or higher, have a look at this.

If you said less than $1549, I'd like some of what you're smoking.
  4. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Try getting a refurb, at $1699 it is damned super worth it.
  5. hope macrumors newbie

Apr 9, 2006
    With the C2D coming out soon, the Core Duo MBP should be dropping a bit in price. Wait til then. A $1599 15" MBP sounds about what your looking for.

On a side note, the biggest difference is the graphics card and the express card slot. Your pretty much looking for a refurb MBP as I don't think you'll complain for getting extra in the price range your looking for if they made a bigger Macbook without those things for the same price. In other words, your not making any sense unless you just really like the design of the Macbook and in that case, I understand. You could just take it to coloware though.