Everyone Hates Apple Users?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wikiot, Apr 28, 2011.

1. wikiot, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011

macrumors newbie

So, I'm a huge Apple fanboy. And when people ask me my phone, I say iPhone. When they ask me my OS? I say Mac.

Then I'll get some crap about macs not being able to play games, or how you can't right click on Apple trackpads.

I didn't even say anything offensive! They just automatically go a-wall when they see a mac user and torture him for no reason.

Same thing with iPhones, iPads, etc...

I told a friend I had an iPhone, he said he had a Samsung EPIC 4G and he was like "Yeah... you know Droid (You mean Android?) is better because we got like millions of apps."

And I was like "All the apps on 'Droid' suck. I used to have an Android phone, and out of those millions of apps only 4 or 5 of them even had any quality. Then theirs the issue of how well x app will run on y phone."

And then he just totally exploded, telling me how much better his phone was with 4g service and all that (even though their isn't Sprint 4g here in Phoenix yet)
    -------------------------------
    TLDR -Why do people hate Apple product users, for no reason? Is it because they're jealous that they can't afford such superior products? Honestly, I'm tired of a bunch of chumps with $300 Acer netbooks trolling all over my MBP. Like wtf? Good luck getting that thing to last you 2+ years.
    --------------------------------
    Most arguments I've had with Mac-haters are nothing legitimate. Most of their points are.

- Can't right click on Apple Trackpad (Lol, you obviously have never used a Mac for more than 15 minutes to figure out this option's available in the system preferences.)
    - They can't game (I play WoW & SC2 just fine on my MBP, and that's all I really need...)
    - You can't do "serious" stuff on a Mac (I know this one's kinda old, but I still hear it today. Man, we have iWork, Office, OpenOffice, and if that isn't satisfactory then you can use Google Docs through your favorite web browser.
    - They're overpriced (Sure, you might be able to build a PC for 1/4 of the price of the Mac with better components. The question is, how long will it last you? My families had 3 HP laptops and none of them last more than a year or two. What's the resale value? My $1600 Sony VAIO All-In-One Desktop PC {VPCL114FX/B} which I purchased last year won't even sale for $700 on Craigslist.)
    - You can get viruses (Funny, because Windows can too, and can get more...)

2. simsaladimbamba

Why do people hate? - Ignorance.
    But not everybody does hate Apple products, there is no need to exaggerate. Look at this message board.

3. macrumors 6502a

WillEH

You can right click on the apple track pad... You just need to change the settings in the option keyboard..

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, but that's what people say...

5. macrumors 6502a

WillEH

I wouldn't worry. Just tell them to get on with life, and not worry what computer you have. :)

6. simsaladimbamba

System Preferences > Trackpad.

7. macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Or Trackpad, I have no idea why I said keyboard. Meh. I'm using a windows computer right now. So I can't check my MBP. :(

8. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Get what fits your needs the best, and let others do the same.

9. macrumors 6502a

If someone goes off with the Mac hate talk I just tell them that they must have a very small penis to be compensating so bad in other areas of their life.

It's more fun when I'm with a close friend who is breathtakingly hot, because she looks down at their crotch with a look of disgust at the same time.

:D

10. macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

To play devil's advocate, you're not going to get into a reasoned debate with someone about iOS vs. Android by saying "All the apps on the droid suck."

But to echo what everyone else has been saying, who cares what others think? Go with the product that makes you happy. It's their loss if they can't do the same.

11. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Who gives a crap? Let them stick with their inferior technology. You'll be doing "serious" work on your mac and getting things done efficiently, while they're crying to the geek squad that their pc crashed and they have a paper due tomorrow. Then we'll see who's laughing at who. I've managed to convert all my family and friends to apple products so i don't even deal with this anymore. I don't even know anyone who still buys pc's.

12. macrumors 68020

its not our fault people are idiots, i like when people do it to me so i can put them in there place. dang nabit

13. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Can't right click is valid. As is the fact that Apple mice suck.
    Can't play games is also valid. Sure they "run" games, but try playing a new title on a 13" MBP... $1200 from any other computer company will get you a gaming machine.
    I can't say that you can't do serious stuff on macs, but I know whenever I have to be productive, I boot up into Windows, to use the same programs, because I 'feel' more productive. Subjective, yes, but anyway...
    Overpriced: See point 2. My $350 PC from 2.5 years ago is having motherboard/power supply problems. I'll be without it for a few days. My $2000 MBP after 2 years had more than $350 worth of parts fixed in it.
    And re:iPhone... I just hate the walled garden. I would never buy an iPhone because of it. Even Microsoft's "walled garden" for WP7 is looking like it'll be a better place to live.

14. macrumors 65816

LMAO, your about 10 years late to the persecuted mac user party :rolleyes:.

About half the kids at the average university use macs now a-days and everyone I MEAN EVERYONE has and ipod or an iphone, pretty much no one "hates" apple.

Hate to wreck your prosecuted minority complex :rolleyes:.

15. macrumors 65816

1. This:

2. Get better friends. I seem to get alone with Windows and Linux users just fine. But I only choose to hang out with mature people.

16. macrumors newbie

OP, the only thing I see wrong with your statement is that you called android crap. I don't think your friend would have exploded if you had responded with a bit of tack.

Apple users get a bad rap because we profess how amazing they are, and ignore the rest. Now this isn't true, but it's out there.

17. macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

its just like in the car world that everyone compares high performance cars to farrari . its just that brand that everyone compares it too and the people that own one get jumped on. its just completely different from everything else (quality over quantity) and its media that makes apple a big whoop too. there are hundreds of iphone commercials and there are maybe 2 Samsung Epic commercials. there is an autotrader commercial and even in shows and movies where if its a laptop its a mac with the apple logo blurred out or covered up . lots of advertisement and such nice devices make people hate . and some say "$600 for an iphone?!" when in reality if you have an upgrade or new line you can get an epic for the same price as an iphone.

18. macrumors 601

eawmp1

You answered your own question ("some" added by me). You ARE that guy that makes it harder on the rest of us.

19. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

"Everyone"? I don't know about that.

I'm an engineer, and while I've been good-naturedly teased for my use of Macs ("But, you're an engineer! You're supposed to like technical machines!"), I've never been ridiculed.

Then again, I'm a pretty big guy - people don't generally **** with me. :cool:

20. macrumors 604

OP: Android doesn't "suck". Remember not everything that is made by a company other than Apple "sucks". Personally I use Samsung Android cellphones, because I like them better than Apple's walled iOS garden and choice of 1 phone. However I love Macs, and have used only Macs all my life and always will :D

21. macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Usually when I mention that I have a Mac people express an interest as they all seem to be considering whether to get a Mac for their next computer! So, looks like the hate is fading.

22. macrumors 65816

decafjava

I don't get what's the problem with the "walled garden"? I mean android is great and I am honestly impressed by WP7 but the choice of ios apps is huge - and I mean there are plenty of useful/fan apps both free and paid (at least for me). I am sure there is a similar great choice for android all I'm saying I'm not suffering from the "walled garden." After all most people just use their phones as tools and don't care to tinker with them the way I have to do with my PC to run flight sims or other demanding game applications.

23. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who cares what people say? Move on.

24. macrumors 6502

I get hate all the time at my school where im basically the only one that uses a mac. < 10 mac people in the building. I get hate just for going to this site and i just ignore them

25. macrumors 604

chrono1081

I get it too all the time OP. People constantly badger me for having Macs and have this myth about Mac users and how they are and such and people constantly try and sway me to Windows (even though I fix Windows for a living and know it far better inside and out than Mac OS).

It wont end, you just simply have to ignore it. People tend to hate what they are jealous of. I've seen this many times. Some of the same people who used to give me crap about Macs now use them and rave about how awesome they are.