Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
rendezvouscp said:
Care to share what kind of productions you work in? Surely there's a good background story in there somewhere. :D
-Chase

well there is quite a long background story in there...ive been in the business since i was eighteen months old when i started modeling...ive done two Broadway productions and one national tour, and now ive moved towards auditioning for television and film work in the New York area...sadly, ive been slacking off for about a year and im just starting to get back into the business again...this year was the first year that i haven't paid taxes :confused: even i can't explain that one...it may not seem like a hardworking job but its a very serious commitment and the hours can be difficult especially with schoolwork...luckily its something im extremely passionate and serious about and obviously theres nothing better than getting paid to do something i love... :)

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Phat_Pat said:
don't know if this has been asked yet... but why is this in the picture section....? :confused:

It's in this section to keep with the other "Everyone under 18:" thread, but maybe we could take pictures at our jobs... but I think in my case that'd be a tad bit "odd."

Matt, that's incredible that you can manage acting with school, as most actors just drop out of school to pursue their acting careers. Best of luck to you. :)
-Chase

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
rendezvouscp said:
Matt, that's incredible that you can manage acting with school, as most actors just drop out of school to pursue their acting careers. Best of luck to you. :)
-Chase

Thanks Chase :D

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Another Job came up for this week. I'm helping a graphic designer who has a short term hand injury from using the computer all day. She cant do her job otherwise. Shes paying me $10 an hour and I work from 4-7 hours a day... but sadly this job is only for the week before I go to school :(

Its a great job and I get to learn how to use InDesign... which is really easy now. :D

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
there is no way this can compete with the under 18 thread i started lol

but ne ways im 16 and i work at a home town minor league baseball stadium

nutterrr

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2005
texas
work at a small production company, over the video production
but i do other things to, a little graphic design, help out setting up wireless internet accounts, little things
its fun
but i wouldnt really wana be there for more then a few more years
oh yeah im 18

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
I have a job at my local city hall doing web design. It's my first job, and I love it (not to mention I get paid twice as much as the chap working at McDonalds, and I get a cubicle with a computer and phone, and the office which is work in has an awesome enviroment).

I also do freelance web design and video production (done a few commercials and webpages for non-profits).

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
Im 18(19 in december) and im currently unemployed. At 16 i got a job at the local Steak n Shake as a food prep guy. Four weeks later they moved me to making shakes. About 100-150 shakes during lunch hours and dinner hours. And i was the only one making shakes. It was bad. I was only being paid 5.50 a hour, and i should have asked for a raise, but i was 16 and wasn't mature enough.

I Ended up quitting that job after 2 and a half months. Managers were very rude, and inconsiderate. All of them but one sat around in the office smoking, and came out for about twenty minutes to yell at people not doing any thing. Made me really mad and made me quit.

Then last year in october i got a job at k-mart in the shoe-department. I didn't know it when i first started, but the shoe-department is owned by a shoe company(Meldisco) and K-Mart rented out the space to them. Good in a way, i was the only one that worked in the shoe department, since i worked in the evening, and my boss worked in the day, so i didn't have some one watching me. But what i thought was dumb was i couldn't do any work for Kmart.

I got in trouble, and some one else for taking two TV sets on a pallet up to the check outs. Since i didn't work for Kmart. I quit that job last May. $6.75 a hour wasn't enough for all the work i did. I lost count how many times i took down old adds my boss didn't take down, my DM got on to me about not doing that fully, but i learned fast. And Only 20 hours a week. I Wrote my boss a note asking for more, no response. She never did talk to me when i wrote memos to her, so i quit.

As soon as i get my next job, get $500 saved up, im taking my dad to my bank, and getting a loan for a Honda CBR 600RR. I need a mode of transportation, and the only way i will be able to get a vehicle is if i have to make payments on it, i im not good at saving money at all.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
I work in a popular Cinema chain in the UK (Odeon) I get paid £4.48 an hour, or $7.95 at todays conversion rates.

It is really good because your never doing the same thing. You rotate between all the different positions. i.e. you could be on the tills, or on ticket check etc..

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
i'm 16 and work in electronics at target :D . target pays the most of any place i've heard. for now i'm only working aobut 20 hours a week but in the summer it goes up to 40. this will be my first holiday season in the retail world so wish me luck lol.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
16 - Clerk / Stockboy at CVS...It pays very nicely for a first "real" job ($7.50/hr)...getting payed under the table at my dad's store doesn't count to me ;)

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
Currently not working right now. Moved about two hours away from home to start college and i had enough saved up to get me through about a whole year. Prior to that i worked for four years at a golf course. Great job, although i did not make that much an hour ($5.75), becasue i got to work outside most of the time. It was also great because i got FREE GOLF, one of the things i really enjoy. I worked as a cart boy (parked cleaned and pulled carts down for customers) for the first two years. Then i moved inside and worked behind the counter. Then this last year i moved back outside because i could make more money doing that. I did the cart boy thing again and i also worked for the maintence and ground crew. This was good cause i could work the morning doing carts then go up to the barns and do the grounds crew stuff. Usually worked from 8 to about 4 then went out and played golf for the rest of the night.

As much as i like computers i really did love working at that job. FREE GOLF is great

The golf course. Really is the nicest one in the Adrain area

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
AmigoMac said:
I know it's thread about current jobs but when I was 15 started repairing PCs and assisting people about DOS --> Win 3.11 ---> Win 95 *switch* and Windows training :eek:, what a pain!

-Click start
-Right or left click?
-Left!
-Ohh sorry!
-No, the other one is left!!

Wow that is sooo true!
Well at 10 I started with a Video Production Company doing Wedding and Quincaneras, Creative Images by JL Photography (which I still do today) At 13 I worked as a Technical Supervisor for a Morgatge company... Well i started off just helping my dad, but then it quickly became the whole office. 14, Cut Grass, Babysat, Fixed Computers, 15, (current age) Work part time at computer repair company, and started my GeeN computer Service :)

Sathos

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2005
Alberta, Canada
17 years old, in training to be a cashier at safeway (grocery store chain)... *sighs* I do not have the personality or the desire to do this job at all. I just really need a job :p

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
Part time IT guy. I make about $9 a hour for 3 hours. The other guy is about 30 and I know more than he does...he's a PC user

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Im 18 and I work at a meat processing plant (porcs) We kill em, decapitate em, and put them in boxes :)

For some odd reason, I like my job (student job until I finish school in electricity)

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
TodVader said:
Im 18 and I work at a meat processing plant (porcs) We kill em, decapitate em, and put them in boxes :)

For some odd reason, I like my job (student job until I finish school in electricity)
ewwww.....

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
we actually kill 3500 porks per day :eek: thats a hek allot of meat. We export worldwide. Maybe you ate a pork that I had the pleasure to work with ;)

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I'm 17 and I work at the local library to help run an after-school program for middle school students. Pays well and the hours are really short.

I also tutor a 6th grader on the weekends which pays decently.

And, when I used to have free-time, I helped develop Mac games.

Oh, and soon enough, I'll be purchasing a cheap Mac Mini setup :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.