Everyone with a 12"pb should have an ilap

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sikkinixx, Dec 28, 2005.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I read about the iLap on these forums when i bought my laptop 7 months ago but never wanted to spend the 50 bucks in it. Well I bought it a week ago and now I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I have had my pb on for 6 hours now charging, running movies, burn dvd's and everything and the fan has yet to kick into high gear once! the palmrest beside the trackpad is still warm but not hot like it normally gets. It is sweeet.

Just thought I would share.:cool:

2. California macrumors 68040

California

Is this the thing that looks like the MacAlly ice pad?

3. inlimbo macrumors 6502

I concur. I have one for my 15". The rubber feet that come with the iLap are also very useful once your PBs rubber feet start to wear.

www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html

4. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

To bad you never filled me in on this before the holidays. Would have made a good gift.

To: Me

I always know what to get myself.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

it doesnt look that bad, and as long as it works who cares what it looks like while you have it on your lap?

7. 40167 macrumors regular

I'd most definitly would care; I can't imagine being in public (which is what happens when the laptop is on my lap; if im at home its on my desk with an additional monitor hooked up) with something that will make people turn and wonder what the heck exactly is that!? - Not to mention, its one more thing to drag along everywhere and one more thing that needs to be put in place before you can begin working.

I'm already more than irritated when I have to plug my Blackberry into my usb port because I want to go online and there isn't a wifi network around. I can't imagine having to take more junk out of my laptop bag/pockets just to get work done.

Though I will have to say I'm not a person to take more than is absolutely needed; the past couple weeks I've just ditched the laptop entirely; left it at home running VNC & SSH, and use my Blackberry for everything (when mobile). If I need information off the laptop, I just connect to it and get what I need.

8. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I've got one for my powerbook and I've stopped using it completly.

I found it bent the chassis on my powerbook and found it uncomfortable for typing on.

I will be going on ebay after new years

9. ChazLM macrumors newbie

ChazLM

I love my ILap. I purchased it the same time i purchased my laptop. I usually don't bring it with me on trips, except road trips when my son uses it, but i always use it at home. When i forget, I notice a big difference. I also like the angle of it for typing. Makes it just a little more ergonomic. :D

10. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I've been using my iLap with my 15" PB for almost three months now and I really like it. It is great when used on the desktop and it's also very comfortable when used in my lap. As for appearance: when you remove the one velvet "roll" to use it on a desktop, it is quite unobtrusive. I've been very happy with it and like it much more than the iCurve.

OTB