evidence new powermacs will be out soon?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by five04, Mar 18, 2004.

1. five04 macrumors member

Dec 11, 2003
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    i just checked apple.com and noticed the filemaker7 ad on the front page has changed to an ad for the current powermac lineup. this looks to me like apple is trying one final push to get the last of its inventory out before they introduce new models. anyone else agree?
  2. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    Yeah, I was wondering what that was all about. At first, when loading Apple.com I told myself: "Oh yeah, the new babies are finally in". I waited for the text to rotate until I saw the new specs... but nothing. I clicked... the realized that those were the old Towers. Bummer. Teaser!

These machines are real good and sturdy machines but I was wondering what's all the fuss about the G5s that were announced almost a year ago (June 2003).
  3. mms macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2003
    I'm not exactly sure what to think of this, but I think that maybe they needed something to replace the FileMaker and had no new product releases at the time to put up on the main page. If they could heap the G5's with praise, then they could maybe (though I doubt it) give sales a small boost. Whether or not this means a new release is around the corner is debatable, though I know you want to be optimistic. Updates are long overdue, IMO.
  4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    why didnt they just slap a 23" on Imac and call it new? they could have put that on the front page.
  5. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2003
    they also have to compete with the 1100 being sold from the virginia tech super computer. they are switching to xserve G5's to save space. these refurbs are 200 less than a new dual 2GHz and have 1GB of ram vs. 512MB on the new one. I wonder how many are left?