Evil Empire (m$) strikes again

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by G4scott, Jun 17, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I think that microsoft is trying to undermine Mac sales in certain countries. Read this article from The Register and you'll understand... m$ is not supporting Hebrew or Russian language support in Office for Mac, but they do in the windoze version.

I think this is part of microsoft's subliminal strategy for world domination. Well, they've been exposed, and we are onto them. The Mac BU at microsoft may be good, but they are still under the mothership, and there are strings attached (just look at IE 5.2, changing your homepage...)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Evil Empire (m$) strikes again

hehehe, I know, the cheek of it! :p
    I soon put that right, back to "http://www.macrumors.com/forums/" :D

3. Inhale420 macrumors regular

if you honestly think that microsoft is somehow more 'evil' than apple, i guess ignorance really is bliss.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

...er...right...thanks...
    Don't know if you noticed but this is a Mac forum, and would you believe we generally favour apple!?!
    Even PC lovers cannot deny how much m$ suck, they are on a mission to know everthing about you, to rip you off and crash your machine!

5. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Uh, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but Apple isn't in deep doodoo for violating any anti-trust acts. Apple didn't steal their OS, they bought it, and made it better. m$ stole their OS, and I don't think you need to ask from where...

If you've ever seen bill gates's "10 things about life" list, you'd see that the #1 thing is "Life is not fair, get used to it" Well, apparently microsoft doesn't like it when life is not fair to them. Microsoft has whined and complained about every remedy for the anti-trust case that the courts have proposed. Apple may be evil to an extent (the church of satan endorses Macs, their first computer sold for $666.66, etc...) but they do not compare to microsoft.

Hard to see, the dark side is...

6. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I forgot Apple is a convicted monopolist whose primarily goal is gouging consumers through forced OS cycling, with a secondary goal of selling aggregate (and not so aggregate) marketing data to increase the number of telemarking calls you get at dinner.

Apple is famous for producing mediocre 'ports' of the ideas of others, and then forcing them to market, full of bugs and gaping vulnerabilites.

Apple has a horrible security record which forced them to halt dev for three weeks to attempt to clean up. Apple then distributed a virus to its Far East employees in corporate communication.

Apple further artificially inflates the cost of PCs worldwide, by forcing vendors to license their OS on every built, regardless of if it is shipped to the consumer.

And my favorite, Apple is the company whose licensing for education markets is so insane that they force you to buy a copy of Mac OSX for every Windows box in your school.

You're right. I just must have forgotten...