Evil George W.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Frodo has failed to destroy th ring and has fallen into the wrong hands.

I decided to take the image off.

But I'll describe it:

It has George W in a meeting or something with his fist on the table, there is a gold ring visible on his left hand (The one on the table), then a mock zoom in shows the ring is the one from the Lord Of The Rings, the evil ring.

2. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Too funny! If only he would dissappear when he puts the ring on like in LOTR.

3. 3777 macrumors 6502

I am so sick of this bull****. Yhea how about the GODDAM A$$HOLE who leads a terrorist network that flies 747's into skyscrapers, or a Dick-tator who gases women and children just for fun. Oh how easy it is to bash the US from your comfy European, Left coast wanker homes..... try living the life of a Kurd or watching 747's fly into buildings right near where you live. :mad:

4. wwworry macrumors regular

The above is a perfect example of the limited imagination of the American electorate. The poster implies the only alternative to terrrorists flying planes into buildings is George W.. To that I say "There's more than two kinds of jelly."

747's flying into buildings right near where you live is bad (I saw it with my own eyes, too)
    Gassing Kurds is bad.
    Dictators are bad.
    George Bush is bad (more mink coats, less jobs).

5. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Yeah, I would have to say, that 3777 is the kind of person that makes the Canada Switch ad seem compelling. Sure, 9/11 was tragic, no denials here. Sure Sadaam is a bad guy.

You know what, so were the DC snipers. They are actually two guys. To get rid of Sadaam with the military, we will need to kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqi military personel potentially. Many of them have been forced into service. Should the MD police have just started shooting their way through the DC area trying to find the snipers. If Sadaam is scared, he will not stay in one place. It will be unlikely that he will stay anywhere that a smart missle will be able to reach him.

I served in the Navy during the first Gulf war and I was sickened by the the news coverage that would say that 15 americans were injured today, but totally skip over the 10,000 Iraqi soldiers that were massacred.

Yeah, Sadaam is a sneaky bastard, but I believe that with all of the world looking at him, with the inspectors in place, that he will not be able to do anything too bad. He will not be able to gas any of his citizens, and if he did, I think we would then have global support to do something about him.

Sadaam is just a distraction that is the disaster that is the George Bush presidency. I could not stand his father, and the son is even worse. I wouldn't trust either of them with anything.

6. kiwi macrumors member

It is indeed bull****!

I can think of one dictator that gassed women and children (and men), who was a key ally of the USA and the gassing was largely tolerated by our government...

http://mondediplo.com/1998/03/04iraqkn

So many questions. Why indeed were SO MANY people asleep at the wheel while 747's went completely off course for ages and onto a collision course? And the USA (once again) helped train these guys from bin Laden to all the rest of the bozos who could now fly a 747 but didn't know how to land one. "Increased security" without competence is a useless ruse.

http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/September11.html

Keep up with the real news

http://www.theonion.com/

7. 3777 macrumors 6502

Then go to Canada.... The fact is when they blow up Washington & New York in 20 years..... your the same pierre drinking types that will be whining and crying about why we didn't do anything to stop nations like IRAQ sooner. Kind of like what the Democrats did after 9/11. You people have no principles, you just want to relive your midguided 60 era youth. You don't impress me at all.

Personally I think we should have taken Hussein out after he used the nerve gas on his own people, but I wasn't in charge at the time.....:rolleyes:

8. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I highly recommend anyone who does not like GWB to go to www.audible.com sign up, go to the subscription center, and subscribe to Robin Williams' radio show on audible. Go into his past shows and get both Peter Coyote shows and the latest two John Lassiter shows. I don't think that Robin likes G. Bush very much.

9. 3777 macrumors 6502

You people just don't understand, your not dealing with "rational" individuals. You should be scared when you realize that in a few years, North Korea will be able to hit Seattle with a nuclear warhead, or Iraq may have them as we speak. If you think a nation like Iraq isn't going to use them on a major city you are simply not facing reality. So what do you do, you either sit back, and let your children face a future that makes 9/11 a walk in the park, or you take care of it now....... even if it means "creating" a case against them. Anyway it's obvious where you people stand....... :rolleyes:

10. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Okay, first of all, it is Perrier, not Pierre. Pierre is "Peter" in french. About my 60 era youth, ah yeah, I was born in '69 so I was pretty young then alright. Obviously I will not be changing your opinion anytime soon, so I am not even going to try. And let me give you a clue, you will not be able to change my opinion.

The world community is doing something about Sadaam. There is pressure on him. Just because they don't want to go John Wayne on him, does not mean that they are going to let him get away with any more ****. I don't trust Sadaam, but if you read above, I don't trust GWB either. As a matter of fact, I am not sure which one I trust less.

When you say "You people have not principles" I have to disagree. I have principles, and they are my own, not what someone else tells me they should be. Like I said, I am a gulf war veteran. I have experience in what is happening now. The same players from the first war are pulling the strings this time. Sadaam is a bad guy. His time will come, when he will held accountable. I just hope that not too many innocent people need to die to see this one man brought to justice.

11. 3777 macrumors 6502

Wow......... I really thought after September 11th, more people would have realized that you can't live for years with your head up your @$$ without eventually paying the price. I'd rather do what has to be done now, then have my children (when I have kids) pay that sort of price in 20 years.

12. kiwi macrumors member

Read history, not "his" story and find out which foreign governments enabled Iraq to achieve it's current military status in the first place. Ignorance is the enemy and you're an exploited sucker until you crack it.

I have personally asked people who wanted to blow up Iraq (or whatever nation is the latest to bludgeon) to point to it on a map - not many of them could find it and the ones who did, had to search hard and slowly squint at the names of nations. What ignorance!

To love one's government would involves monitoring day to day what your government is doing in your name. Afterall, we're the ones who pay for it, in blood and money, not "them". It is a lifelong and arduous chore but it is expected of anybody who claims to support their government 100%. All I ask is that we fully comprehend what it is we are supporting.

13. 3777 macrumors 6502

I will not argue with you that the United States assisted Iraq during its war with Iran..... but the fact remains if Hussein obtains a nuclear capability, he will use it. So re-read what I said, I form my opinions based on what is taking place right now, just because we've made mistakes in the past is no reason to sit back and let him develop & use them in another 10-20 years.....

14. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

Id rather let the UN and the rest of our allies go on about their investigations so we have legitimate proof that there are weapons (not empty cannisters) of mass destruction in Iraq, not Bush's policy of shoot first, ask questions later. As much as I would like to see Saddam being taken down, right now it would just throw the economy into chaos, as if it weren't bad enough. As a student, I really don't want to pay $5 for a gallon of gas, but then again, I don't think anyone else would like to either.

What I'm saying is we should be overly sure by a 2/3 or higher majority before we go in guns ablaze. France, Russia, and Germany want us to wait and rationalize our thoughts. Maybe Bush should check his ears and listen to his allies. I would much rather prefer a united strike agains Saddam if it were necessary, than just the US and England. All Bush cares about is finishing up his daddy's business and getting the oil there.

EDIT: Oh yea, why did you get so worked up over a simple photo? Not everyone may like it, and they are entitled to their opinion, but perhaps they should just cool down? Hmmm? Maybe ignore it? I got a rather good laugh from it myself. Nice job Wardofsky :)

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Ok, this did it. I am out. Gone finished with these stupid ass threads. You people are no different than the idiots that did not figure out that the Japanese were coming, and yet you are the same people that believe that was a conspriacy too. You live your lives with blinders on to the reality of life that is around you outside of your borders.

Sadam has been a liar for the last 12 years. Did we help him get some of the stuff. Yep, he was pro American and fighting a war against a country that had kidnapped quite a few Americans a few years before. But that was conspiracy too. That got Regan elected.

He has chemical, biological, and is trying to develop nuclear weapons. We have proof of this through documents and data from his own government that has been obtained through spies, and that was discovered through previous inspectors. Do you not remember the pictures of the trucks carrying chemical weapons out the back door of buildings while they stoped inspectors from going in the front.

Do you really think that he Saddam will not continue to aid and fund the terror attacks in Israel. Do you really think with his hatred for the US that he would not attack us if he had the chance? You are not talking about political ideologies here, but religious. You forget that they want us to die. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!

Go ahead, sit on the sidelines, and do nothing. "He is your finger. Here is your finger on the pulse. Here is your finger away from the pulse shoved straight up your ass!

GET WITH IT. You know what this is sad. I presented a thesis to a professor in my last year of college that outlined an attack similar to 9/11. I got a C because he said it was unlikely and not a valid. Threat. Same guy said the same thing when I said that a major terror attack could lead to the alienation of N. Korea, and thus cause them to become resistant and lead to a nuclear crisis in the Koreas.

You go through life wearing your blinders, and one day someone is going to smack you up side your head with a bat. You only see what is coming at you from all sides if you take the time to look!

16. GrandShenlong macrumors member

To 3777

I have a few things for you to think about:

1. What makes you think that you can take the moral high ground? First of all... how old are you? I don't mean age, I mean maturity. I mean, to think that the US is any more rational than North Korea or even Saddam Hussein is irrational, at best. You know what? We "know" that Saddam is "evil" right now because the US has dug up countless piles of dirt on this guy. Think of our own country: Panama, Iran contra, Vietnam (do your research). What atrocities have we committed that the White House has been hush-hush about? How about the napalming of entire Vietnamese villages, which was only stopped when an Associated Press reporter took a PHOTO of a young girl running away with her SKIN ON FIRE. how about our use of nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ah yes, we on. That's all that matters, right? never mind the 40,000 who had their skin stripped off, their faces flashed into charcoal, their blood boiled, their families pulverized by the shock wave. never mind the countless ones who died of radation poisoning years later. Personally, I'm not fond of the Japanese. I'm Chinese, and my countrymen were slaughtered by them in the Second World War. But, we must think: If there is "good" and "evil" in the world... how do we determine which side we are on?

2. Have you ever served in the military? In any active conflict? I haven't, but I doubt you have. Why do I doubt it? Because any soldier who has seen actual conflict, and witnessed firsthand the brutality of war, would never again go spreading the gospel of bloodshed. If you began thinking with the head on your shoulders for a change, you might begin realizing that the case mounted against people like you is very strong.

3. Mmmm... yes. Nukes. North Korea has nukes, China has nukes, India has nukes, Pakistan has nukes, and the US has a S***LOAD OF NUKES! Before you continue your spiel about how the US is on the brink of annihilation because North Korea has a half-dozen nukes, consider this. During the Cold War, the US and USSR amassed enough power for nuclear devastation that their combined strength could kill every living thing on the Earth's surface 40 times over. We put nukes in submarines, nukes in bunkers, nukes in AIR-TO-AIR MISSILES.
    More recently, Bush had called for research into "bunker buster" nukes. Mini-nukes that could be used in Afghanistan to vaporize small areas in hopes of flushing out bunkered soldiers. What other country, in the history of warfare has ever conceived of such an overwrought idea as this: drop a 100-kiloton bomb on a concrete box in the desert, make a crater 100 meters wide, and hope that the 8 guys who weren't broken down into their constituent molecules would come out screaming Arabic and wielding AKs.

4. Do you really think that the US is right in, excuse my crudeness, laying the smackdown on whichever country wants to assert its independence from democracy? What is democracy anyway? It is so morally right, so perfct, so holy, that we feel that we must impose its teachings upon all of the world?
    Wait, I think ther was a precedence for this. Ah yes.. the CRUSADES.:eek:
    To stretch the analogy a bit, how about the HOLOCAUST. look at what we're doing: we are killing off the people of the world who are opposed to democracy. Hmmm... why are they opposed to it? WHO F***ING CARES! WE'RE RICH! WE'RE POWERFUL! WE CAN DO WHATEVER THE H*** WE WANT!

5. Bush 2.0 >> Today, our country is run by a man who got C's in college, lied about a DUI arrest, and owns one of the largest oil corporations in the world (Halliburton). Oh sure, he got elected. Oh wait. did he? Let's rewind a bit.Florida state law requires that all out-of-state (a.k.a. military bases, islands, citizens in other countries) voters must submit ther ballots by a specified deadline, else their votes would be void. Hey guess what? Over 1500 votes were accepted that were either a) past the deadline, b) repeat ballots (one voter > two ballots), c) non-US citizens. This is remarkable. Also, the "hanging chad" affair. Three months after the verdict was out, it was revealed that thousands of Jewish voters who wanted to vote for Al Gore, voted instead for Pat Buchanan. now, even Buchanan HIMSELF said that this was not possible. But, their votes were counted, just like all the others. In addition, Florida's voter registry was managed by a close acquaintance of Bush's (I can't remember the specific relation), who programmed the computer filtering software to rule out all felons, all who had last names SMILAR to the felons', who had BIRTHDAYS coinciding with the felons', and who had SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS near the felons'. Do you see something wrong here? Uh-HUH. So, in the end, by sheer force of will, money, and family acquaintances, Baby Bush ascended the throne, and for his victory drive to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, hebecame the only President in US history to stay in his car for the whole way, instead of walking the last four blocks surrounded by cheering crowds. Why? Fear. Fear of being egged and tomatoed by the thousands of men and women gathered there that grey day calling "Hail to the thief!"

I leave you, with that.:p

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: To 3777

GrandShenlong

1. Yes, we are on the moral high ground compared to Iraq. Yes we were right to bomb Japan. Yes, Yes, Yes.

2. Yes, I have served, as did my father, my grandfather, Godfather, Godfathers son and daughter. You are wrong. People in the military want to take out the threat so that their children won't have to.

3. I you have a guy in a bunkers, say Osama. He is underground and you can't get to him without loosing say 10,000 men. What would be better than to drop a 1megaton nuke right up his butt, that had very minimal fallout from it because it was UNDERGROUND!

4. This has nothing to do with not being democratic. It has everything to do with the war on Terror!

5. You are so full of ****! The software rulled out fellons. Yep. They don't have the right to vote. It did not rule out anyone with names similar and crap like that. Bring your source, and I hope it is better than High Times.

18. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

3777, yours is the voice of a lunatic without the want or ability to hear a dissenting voice. If you want to participate in these discussions, please be more respectful of others opinions. And learn to take a joke. This thread was started as mostly a joke, yet you went a blew it out of proportion.

BTTM, as always, yours is the voice of a warmonger. But at least you can hold a rational conversation.

I am against the war in Iraq. YOu people are trying to make the case that Saddam is evil when that really isn't what is at the heart of this war. What you should be trying to prove is that he is a threat TO THE U.S. I have seen no evidence of this, and none of you (including you, BTTM, despite your assertions otherwise) have any evidence that Saddam poses a threat to us.

So why would a country want to go to war with another country who poses no threat to US. Why not limit its weapons operations to ensure they can't pose a threat to US? Why not let its neighbors worry about the short range weapons they do have? Why should WE play world peacekeeper when there are other, more peaceful solutions to the situation?

And if we were really bent on stopping a future Iraq from becoming a threat to US, we don't we lift the embargo on Iraq. Do you think the Iraqi people are blaming their government for their starvation? Hell no! They blame us. Somehow our policies have the uncanny ability to create more enemies and more psycho's bent on destroying the "evil capatilist empire."

I'm all for protecting our country and protecting the lives of US citizens. The upcoming war on Iraq is anything but about self protection. Assertions otherwise will be met with a simple challenge: prove to me Iraq is a threat to us. Prove to me that war is the only way to guarantee that a future Iraq is not a threat to us.

It should be up to the would-be aggressors to prove that their actions are justified. So prove it!

Taft

19. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Taft, I don't have evidence for you that I can hand you no. The world community has evidence. They have seen the documents that prove that he has WMD's. The world community has stated for over 12 years that he must give them up. For 12 years he has not. Now even the head UN inspector says they are not doing what they should.

It boils down to trust. Do you trust GW to make the right decision? If you do, then you probably support the war. If you don't then you won't. That is the bottom line. Either way, he will either be proven right, or wrong in the end.

BTW, I am not a warmonger. I don't thing that we should start war just to start it, but this guy is more of a threat to the US than any other country in the world. Not with long range nukes, but through his support and continued aid to terror organizations, and his desire to destroy Israel. That would seriously destabilize the region.

20. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Re: To 3777

I'm going to focus on this one, bit by bit...

Al Gore got worse grades in college and he dropped out of Vanderbilt Divinity School after earning F's in five of the eight courses he took over three semesters. Then he dropped out of Vanderbilt Law School after receiving mediocre grades.

Gore's grades were lower than any semester recorded on Bush's transcript from Yale.

http://www.uwire.com/content/topnews032100001.html

I can't give you a direct link to the Washington Posts article because their archives are only accesible for a fee. If you search their archives site for an article written in March of 2000, you'll find it. I believe the exact date was March 19, 2000.

He never lied about it, when asked if it was true he answered the question and was forthcoming.

No he doesn't. Dick Cheney was head of Haliburton, but Bush NEVER owned Haliburton. One man cannot own Haliburton, it's publicly traded.

Now that all depends on who you believe. I've seen reports that Bush gained 176 "illegal" votes and I've seen reports that all was well. I've also seen reports that Gore gained some illegal votes.

All in all, none of the reports I read came close to 1500. All hovered around the 150-200 range.

It's not our fault those people were too stupid not to vote correctly. You can't go back and say no I meant to vote for so and so. You voted and that's it. Next time pay attention.

This was taken from Salon.com, it doesn't mention the "close acquaintance" of Bush..... "Florida is the only state that pays a private company that promises to "cleanse" voter rolls.The state signed in 1998 a $4 million contract with DBT Online, since merged into ChoicePoint, of Atlanta"

http://archive.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/12/04/voter_file/

Not ONE article I read mentioned ChoicePoint's owner/manager/anyone as being "close acquaintances" with the Bush campaign.

ChoicePoint was hired in 1998 to "cleanse" the voter rolls. LONG before we even knew who would be running for President.

I see someone who didn't do their homework.:rolleyes:

21. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Juventuz,
    Finally, someone gets it.

Love ya man, keep up the good fight!

22. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: Re: To 3777

This makes me feel soooo much better! Now that I know that Al Gore was incompetent, I can rest easily at night knowing Bush is in charge. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why should this make me feel better about our president being a slackers that profited from his father's legacy? I still think he's a buffoon and would've thought the same thing about Gore.

Once again, this makes me feel sooo much better! Thank you for this information! Now I know that although Bush endangered the lives of Texans' by taking to the road while drunk, at least he didn't lie about it!

Thanks for that hard hitting reporting! :rolleyes:

From here on in, I start agreeing with you. As far as I know Bush has never been involved with Halliburton. But he does have ties to the oil industry. And, like so many cadidates before him (both dems and reps) he is practically owned by corporations funding lobby groups.

And again, just because other candidates are as bad, doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more from our president.

The vote thing is a tricky issue because there was so much misinformation spread throughout the whole fiasco. I'll just ignore this, if you'll let me. :)

I think this is a travesty. Although you are right in that Bush had NOTHING to do with the voter cleansing in Florida, the fact that ANY vote would be discounted unfairly in such an election immediately invalidates this cleansing process.

I read the Salon article and there was some ridiculous stuff in there. Eliminating voters because they had the same name as a known criminal. Stuff like that. And estimates as to how many votes are unfairly eliminated extend into the tens of thousands.

Bush wasn't involved, but that doesn't make it right.

At least he's trying to hold the president accountable for his actions. Way too many people just take Bush at his word. For me, Bush's track record both before and during his presidency is enough to make me question everything this man does.

Taft

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Taft,
    Just make it easy and vote for me in the next election.

B2TM for Pres!

24. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Short and simple.

We got stung on 9/11 because we stuck our dicks in the bees nest. We drew there agressive attention by pushing peace talks and we got zapped. If you think it's possible to illiminate all terrrorists on the world then you are seriously misled. The only option we have is to pull out and quit being the worlds police force. Think about it everyone hates the police at one time or another. We need to divert the eyes of the ones who take these drastic actions away from us. You can not do this with war. Think about it who wants to fight switzerland or sweden or iceland or any other country that doesn't meddle in others ways. We try to push our ways of life on everyone and we have no right to. If they want our way of life they would come here.

25. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Two things. First, the planes the flew into the WTC were not 747's.

Second, I don't want to raise a big stink and I really don't want to get too involved in this thread, but I do want to try to explain why there are some people who are leary of blindly trusting GWB; why there are some people who want oversight; why there are some people who want international agreement before war.

In the late 30's and early 40's there was a leader who's people blindly trusted him. That blind trust resulted in a dictatorship and the deaths of millions of human beings.

Similarly, the former U.S.S.R., Mainland China, Cuba, even India and Pakistan have a history of leaders taking advantage of their peoples' trust, resulting in atrocities.

I'm not saying GWB would do anything that terrible, or even that he would do anything even remotely bad, but BLINDLY TRUSTING YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS IS A BAD BAD HABIT TO GET INTO. We live in a democracy, and it is our duty to keep an eye on or government. It is their duty to do for us that which we can not do for ourselves. Not to cover everything up and hide everything from us so that they can decide for us what we need.

Oh, and I'm not advocating that secret information be dissimanated. Merely, that there can be oversight and there are ways to convince the public that you aren't a warmongering president, and the GWB administration has not done a very good job of convincing the doubters out there that war is a necessarily evil.

Personally, I disagree with much of GWB's policies, but I reluctantly agree with his handling of the Gulf so far.