iPad Evio VersaBook iPad case--thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Broadus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

My 3rd gen. iPad arrived today, three days before Apple said it would get here, and I've got to get a case pronto. Like many around here, I've searched the iPad Accessories forum, read reviews elsewhere online, and looked at many on Amazon. I'm 40 minutes away from a decent-sized town, so I need to shop online.

The Evio VersaBook seems to be a fairly new offering, and I haven't found out much about it, but it looks nicely made and will protect the tablet. I realize it's not as sleek as others, but I don't mind erring on the side of protection.

Any thoughts about it? If you have one, please give pros and cons. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. macrumors 68030

Looks very nice - I like the colors
    don't like the ipad holder - covers the bezel
    like the versatility and how many ways it can be tilted..
    it will be bulky to carry...
    great price....

3. Broadus, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Glen. I agree on all points. Seems like any case is a matter of which compromises one will accept.

I've also been looking at the Maroo Roto Red Leather Case.

4. macrumors 68030

I own that exact maroo - nice but thick and bulky....but I like the way it fastens the ipad in better than the Evio....

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Do you suspect that the Maroo is any thicker and bulkier than the Evio? I agree about the corners.

6. macrumors 68030

yes because the maroo is padded and loose "leather" and the evio is a hard stretched covering - at least that the way it looks. Here's my maroo - you can see the padding:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Glen, for sharing the photos. That looks like quite a nice case, especially for the money. One doesn't have to be svelte for me. I'm a little strange about cases, perhaps, but I prefer them a little thicker than, say, the Devicewear Ridge. I do like the bumper system on the Maroo.

8. macrumors 68030

Bulk is very subjective to your situation....I do 2 -3 flights a week most of the time so I'm cognizant of it. But if I did not do that, the Maroo would be a great case. It is top notch quality .