Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
As ludicrous as the title sounds—I know it's a longshot.

I have an old Mac Mini running Mavericks running EvoCam 4.2.6 (old software no longer available).

The Mac Mini is connected via WiFi to an Amcrest camera. The Mac Mini is not compatible with the built in mic on the Amcrest, so I have a USB microphone running from the Mac Mini. Video comes from the Amcrest and audio from the USB mic. It usually works fine.

It records in hour long increments and outputs to .mov files.

For some reason starting two weeks ago, the audio didn't record even though I could see the system sound setting could detect audio from the microphone. Something on the software side messed up.

The videos are there but with no audio. It took a restart to get it to record audio to the files again from the EvoCam app.

The audio is important.

I'm wondering if there are any ideas as to where the audio might have gone--again I know longshot. It records to an external drive connected to the computer. I tried looking at hidden files and I can see a .Trashes folder, but it says I don't have permission to open it.

Is there any other place I might find discarded audio? I think it was being input but not saved to the file due to some software issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.