Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thevideographer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Hey,

ive started a few months ago learning iphone apps and heres my first one, it is a iphone preview application for our iPad magazine, Evokke Magazine. its an interactive mens magazine only available on the ipad, and soon on the iphone, it even features a few things never done before such as 360 degree video of a fashion show. some other cool features are a magazine cover that comes to life, rub and reveal models, 360 degree views of products, videos, etc

please check it out and let me know any thoughts, improvements, criticism etc.. its FREE!

Evokke Magazine Preview for iPhone for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Evokke Magazine has been created and designed with the iPhone and iPad in mind, with heaps of exclusive content, including CEO interviews, beautiful models, action sports, awesome music and fantastic interactive elements.

Forget a mag that has been designed for print and then “ported” to iPhone/iPad, Evokke Magazine is the real deal!

Included is this iPhone Preview Edition is:
Worlds First 360 Degree Runway Model Video! (Swipe your finger to follow the models)
Exclusive CEO Interview with Brodie Carr (ASP World Surfing tour)
UFC Superstars BJ Penn and John Fitch
Redbull Racing Formula 1 and Mark Webber
Rub and Reveal (Interactive Model Feature)
Retrospective on the Reebok Pump (Interactive Pump Feature with 360 degree view Spinning Shoes)
15 Pages of Beautiful Women
10 Pages of Videos
Behind the Scenes of the Photo Shoots

Its as simple as...
Swipe your finger to change pages
Press the Facebook button to like Evokke and leave comments for Evokke and the models
Visit the youtube page for exclusive extra videos
If you like Evokke tell your friends and leave a comment in the iTunes App Store!

Included in the FULL iPad Edition is:
Over 100 Pages of Content
40 Pages of Beautiful Women
Exclusive Behind the Scenes Videos With Each Girl
Extended and In-depth Articles and Interviews
Extended videos
Even more Interactive Content!

Evokke your senses!

Boodee

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Hi,

Could you please kindly enlighten many curious souls (like me) on the set of tools you used to develop this? I have read many mentioned about Adobe Digital Publishing using .folio. But it is just simply too costly and unaffordable to many. Please kindly enlighten.

Thanks,
Boodee

thevideographer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Hi,

Could you please kindly enlighten many curious souls (like me) on the set of tools you used to develop this? I have read many mentioned about Adobe Digital Publishing using .folio. But it is just simply too costly and unaffordable to many. Please kindly enlighten.

Thanks,
Boodee

unfortunately there are no tools available to do what we want. even with the high costs of adobe, they cannot create the features our magazine has. initially we were quoted various insane amounts by companies, ranging up to $100,000. No magazine platform is able to provide the features we require, as well as the performance and stability. the only remaining solution was to design our own magazine platform in house from the ground up. If you would like to know more info email me clint at evokke.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.