Evolution of Apple as a company?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by princealfie, Apr 6, 2006.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    With the revolutionary boot camp cd, where do you think that Apple is headed? Personally I think that they will be focusing a lot of combining life into the perfect digital experience from movies to music, etc. and providing reliable computers. Mac OS X could interface with Windows and it shows that Apple will be cutting into PC sales very deeply. Expect a decline in Dell and HP and Gateway very quickly this year!:cool:
  2. jhu macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2004
    decline in dell and hp? i don't think so. what do large businesses want? a large number of inexpensive machines that can be cloned at a whim. they want to run enterprise applications including oracle and sap. these applications aren't going to be running on a mac anytime soon.
  3. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    jef's primate comparison ;)

apple during incorporation: tree monkey
    apple during the apple IIe: 800 pound gorilla
    apple during the next several years after firing jobs: tree monkey
    apple during the next several years after rehiring jobs: chimp
    apple now: tree monkey

microsoft during incorporation: tree monkey
    microsoft during the 80s: chimp
    microsoft since windows 95 to the present day: 800 pound gorilla

somewhere along the line, bill gates got almost all the bananas and it's going to stay this way for a long, long time to come
  4. macpastor macrumors regular

Mar 22, 2006
    I think Apple wants to position themselves as the company you turn to when you want to make your digital life simpler. This makes them the consumate consumer company and leaves Dell, HP and other PC companies to fight it out for the corprate world.

Apple and consumers love each other. I see that growing exceptionally fast now.