Ex-CIA official rips war case

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Feb 12, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

(emphasis mine)

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Hopefully this guy will be around to testify at the impeachment trial.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm not even surprised by this anymore. There is so much proof of stuff like this I just don't see how anyone can defend it anymore. Like I said in the other thread about someone else have proof this type of thing was happening, what's good is that even though people don't care about the faux reasonings, they still want out of Iraq. Poor planning and awful results are reason enough.

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Before that happens, all invitations to go quail hunting with Big Dick Cheney must be refused.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

See the problem with publicly blaming the CIA for your own incompetence is that the CIA has the resources and the know-how to protect itself. Even if your daddy CAN pull some strings at The Agency for you, you're still at risk of damaging leaks.

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

Considering the endless rhetoric from the BA about "making America safer" from whomever, it seems gravely irresponsible that Bush would alienate the Central Intelligence Agency from his administration. I mean, how effective could the entire system be to keep us safe if the President of the United States lies about our Central Intelligence Agency to cover his own ass, and it in return engages in a campaign to discredit the President (and rightfully so)?

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's a good point. The CIA has a responsibility to the United States, not the President. Not only did he out an undercover agent in retaliation to her husband simply telling the truth and being mad his words got twisted around to make it seem like the exact opposite of what he was saying. To justify a war there was little, if any, real justification for. But to turn around and blame that same agency for your own failures, even though they were actually right, is just stupid.

Look for more "leaks" about how bad things are, especially if there's another attack.