'Ex-Gay' Group Draws Fire From Allies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Oct 15, 2006.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

News from the troglodyte wing of American politics...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-exgay15oct15,1,5020111.story

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

do kindergardeners ridicule because i know pleanty of gay people in my high school and no one attacks them about it...

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

IJ- these people don't even deserve our attention.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I have 1 comment the part of poor parenting leading to this disorder may have some root truth for"some" gay people. I have seen first hand that a family that had horrible abuse when they were kids and out of the 5 kids the three who grew up with a very disfunctional Marine as a father all grew up to become gay. The younger two who didnt grow up with this guy are heterosexual. I also had a buddy who was gay and he had told me about his father who was very overbearing, dysfunctional,etc and he is gay. The rest of this report looks like B.S. but I thought this part may have some validity.

6. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Aw, come on -- doesn't infighting among the knuckle-draggers inspire even a little interest? How about amusement?

7. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    extremely sad

This is so sad.

We need rules AGAINST harassing students because of how they identify themselves or because of how others label them.

I can tell you from personal experience that it is damaging in your formative years to be taunted, physically attacked, and called fag. However, it is TRAUMATIZING when you report these incidents to teachers and principals and they do nothing.

I have one message for these groups: if it wrong for you to be gay, then don't YOU be gay. It is the height of arrogance to assume your religion or beliefs are so wonderful that some of the esoteric writings in some of those religious beliefs need to be applied to the entire world. I didn't have a voice then and I was scared, but I am not any more.