Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 9, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

doesnt surprise me, after all the government would of course want the capture to look a little bit less dramatic and show that Saddam was clearly defeated and all that

but then again, why should we believe this guy either?

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Perhaps this guy is lying, but then what's his reason?

OTOH, you've got an administration that is constitutionally incapable of telling the truth. Hell, we know they lied to play up the Jessica Lynch "rescue". These guys spin faster than a nuclear-powered merry-go-round.

Which one are you likely to believe?

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Neither. It doesn't matter. The fact is, they DO have Saddam. War's over. Time to get out. Oh wait..

5. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Since when were Marines involved in this capture? The Army's 1st Brigade of the 4th Infantry Division and a few SpecOps units participated, nowhere have I heard about Marines being part of this. This guy's BSing

EDIT: And they used 600 soldiers, not 20 like he claims.

6. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Interesting story, but I have no more reason to believe him than the government's account.

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Less reason. How do we know this person was ever in the US Military? Why is he in Saudi Arabia? If he served previously why is he not still serving?

Ah... "Lebanese Origin"......

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I checked with the Marine Corp's web site...according to them this guy never existed. I've got a friend of mine doing a personnel records search but that will take time...I'll keep everyone posted.

9. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

This Marine Corp Website?

Which Marine Corp website can you go to in order to find out about random marines?

So far the only evidence presented is that this guy can't be found on the USMC locator. Which is ironic, cause that would be relying on the military to prove something the military doesn't want proved. It's not like the military hasn't stretched the truth a little before has it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Your friend has access to the Marine Corp's personnel records? And he's searching them for you? Is that legal?

11. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider