Exactly what am I missing here?

Discussion in 'Community' started by absolut_mac, Jan 31, 2005.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    I see lots of good positive news coming out of Cupertino lately, yet a lot of these stories have received a lot of negative votes.

Take the latest story on the updated power books. Faster CPU's, faster HD, more memory and price cuts to boot, yet this particular story even has more negatives than positives - 464 Positives; 545 Negatives

What gives? Or do MR readers just prefer bad news to good positive stories and news?

Maybe it's just me. I can understand that most stories will always have a few negative ratings, but I just can't understand how stories bursting with good news for Mac fans and would be switchers garnering so many negative votes.

So be forthright now, why did so many of you guys rate this particular story negatively?
  2. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    - unrealistic expectations.
    - latent desire to have a machine that proves the dubious point that mac hardware is superior to PC hardware.

Nevermind the superior design and software not to mention user-experience...

*note* I did not contribute to that particular thread and very rarely rate threads.
  3. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i rarely rate threads either its normaly some mac crazed fanatic who expects to see dual g5 200 gb hd in the powerbooks something crazy like that

or maybe users who just bought pbooks but are outside the update window !!! who knows
  4. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    i never really pay any attention to the rating. they are so often stupidly out (like shown above) that there is no point in paying attention to them.

i think the negatives will be down to people being bitter at having just bought one of the now old models about a month ago, or maybe only want g5 powerbooks!
  5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    What are you missing? the human race looks always the bad side of things, ok, not totally of humans but most of the people look at the glass and say that it's "half empty", no matter what happens it's pretty natural to see the bad things even if you get a PB G5 free... ;) Whining belongs to human race like flying belongs to birds... I won't complain if I get a PB free, even if it's a G4 :)
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I never bother rating things. The ratings are not a good indicator of Macrumors members thoughts. Most of the regulars don't use it so the only ratings you get are from people who are emotional about a story in either a positive or negative way.
  7. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Yup, I think that you just hit the nail on the head.

That's why those same people should give Nick Ciarelli all the support that they can ;)