Exactly Who Is In Charge?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Jan 18, 2007.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6274147.stm
    I suppose it didn't fit with his invasion plans. Three thousand dead Americans and countless dead Iraqis might disagree, of course.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So have you heard the one about those folks, the Hatfields and the McCoys?

Sheesh, if this is legit, it's yet another view of the appalling way this administration has approached foreign policy. By rejecting this overture, as a direct result we now have a greatly exacerbated Palestinian / Israeli problem, as well as a greatly exacerbated Hezbollah problem.

The Bushies were betting that military might would solve all these problems. They've been wrong in every case, and yet now they want us to believe that incrementally additional military might will solve the problems in Iraq.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It boils down to Nukes, get rid of your program or we arent talking except with our bombs and this makes them even worker harder on their Nuke programs. Its a circle jerk with Bush playing lead.

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

What interests me is the implication that Bush is completely out of the loop.

5. Queso macrumors G4

Back in the beginning I suspected that to be the case, but I honestly thought it was Daddy pulling the strings, just like he did with Reagan from 1982-88. However, as time went on and the foreign policy became more and more of a mess I dismissed the thought. Bush Sr. is too smart for his actions to result in the current shambles.

Also didn't we hear a journalist say some time back that Dubya was covering domestic policy and leaving foreign policy to Cheney and (at that time) Rumsfeld?

6. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Umm, what domestic policy?

7. Queso macrumors G4

Oh you know. Stopping the curing of diseases, oppressing The Gheys.....:rolleyes:

8. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Cheney ranks. Highest on my dislike list are those who are "lovers of war". One cannot be disappointed in individuals whom they've never trusted to begin with. While Bush and Condi have their agendas, I choose to reserve crafty, astute and cunning for describing Mr. Cheney.

10. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

You are far too kind. There are no words nasty enough in my dictionary.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

My guess is 90% of the policy out of the whitehouse comes from Cheney. Policy like lets go after that CIA agent whos saying the truth, stuff like that. After all he had to start a war in Iraq for his Company Haliburton who still send him checks every year. You got to love these former draft dodgers who made Iraq what it is today. Working hard for anyone but the American people.

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Okay. Un astuto, hi__ de p__a, descarado, sin verguenza, cabezón. (Sometimes, English isn't juicy enough).

13. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Your dictionary is better than mine. :)

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Every time you think the arrogance and incompetence of this administration have peaked, you find out they've taken it one step further.

Whether or not Cheney was the brain (pardon the expression!) behind this blunder, it is obviously one of the first magnitude.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't give Cheney too much credit. I imagine Rove equally drove much of the policy decisions as well, particlarly as they related to GOP election strategy - which was, as near as I can tell, practically every policy decision.

Rove was in charge of getting the GOP into "permanant majority" status. Cheney was in charge of expanding presidential powers. Ironically, both will probably be seen as achieving the opposite when the inevitable backlash comes. Rove's already gotten his with the GOP's electoral humiliation in November, and Cheney probably sees the writing on the wall. Thus the purge of US Attorneys?

16. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

like, a thousand years of GOP leadership, or something like that?

we need to come up with a word that describes the revelations found in this story: real and unreal at the same time.

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Kingocracy?

18. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I think that's called Monarchy. :rolleyes:

19. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Who's in charge? Follow the money...

Oil companies, pharmaceutical companies, the Big Three, the military/industrial complex... All the entrenched interests with money to burn hooked into politicians who whore themselves out for $1000-a-plate dinners.

Federally financed campaigns might help, but the ineterests will fight this harder than anything else because it reduces their influence in Washington.

It's not about whether Cheney or Bush is in charge, it's about their motivation for making the decisions they do.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

A Monarchy isnt elected.........:rolleyes: .....:D

21. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

And what's going on the other side of the Pond? Should we now address MR posters as Sir skunk or Sir dynamicv? Who's in charge of selling honors, besides Ruth Turner? :p

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Welcome to the Kingocracy!
    [​IMG]

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

who's that? my great-great-grandmother was named Ruth Turner.

24. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Optional, I think. We didn't pay the full whack.

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

There are no doubt a bunch of players. I thought recent criticism of Cheney by Mondale was pertinent.