Excel Formulas

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aperture, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hey Guys. How can you (In Excel) write a formula in one worksheet but in the formula draw info from another sheet..? Anyone know?

EX: Say you wanted to X (WorkSheet 1 - Column A - Row 1) + Y (WorkSheet 2 - Column B - Row 2)

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not quite the same equation as yours, sorry couldnt be bothered to follow instructions.

=(Sheet1!C11+Sheet2!C16*Sheet3!D1)-Sheet3!E6-Sheet2!E23

You can just hit = then go and click the cells you want to enter in your formula even if they are on different sheets.

Just for info you can even do it over different excel documents

=[Workbook1.xls]Sheet1!$A$5*[Workbook1.xls]Sheet2!$C$29-H25+Sheet2!D7

3. Gee macrumors 65816

Sheet2!A1 or whichever sheet and cell

4. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Excel questions should be banned from this site. I get too much of this crap at work. ;)

5. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Got it working! Thanks!

Oh & Yes, Excel questions should be banned. I hate Excel but a friend asked and I felt obligated to find an answer.;)

6. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Excel is probably the most underused application I own... I didn't know you could do that across documents!

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Linking across documents and worksheets is really useful. I used to create report templates for our sales force that they could update weekly by simply refreshing the worksheet that pulled the data. By linking the nicely formatted report to the data, it was easy for them to use and understand!

Anyone ever use a data warehouse that pulls information into excel by creating the formulas in the worksheets? That's been a few years. There's no telling how they pull their data now.