Excel PivotTable question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furryrabidbunny, Sep 14, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Is there a way to exclude columns from being included in the data source (other than deleting them) so they are excluded from the table and field list? I've tried hiding columns, but it didn't work, and just selecting the columns seperatly doesn't seem to work either.

An example of what I am trying to do is this: I want to build a pivottable with the range of $a$1:$D$40, but I want to exclude $B$1:$B$40, other than deleting or copying the wanted range.

2. Echo toxin macrumors newbie

Not quite sure I understand - the whole idea of a pivot table is to selectively display the data you need. If you don't select column B from the pivot table field list, it won't appear in your pivot table? :confused:

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Nope... the only thing to do would be to rearrange your source data so column B was now in D and you could select only A:C

4. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Thank you for an answer... I understand the purpose of a pivottable, problem is other people I work with don't and I am asked this all the time. I just wanted an answer from another source before I give an answer.