Excel Worksheet Names won't Display

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by calyxman, Nov 22, 2005.

1. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Anybody run into this problem? My Excel Worksheet names will not display and it gets very irritating having to double click the work sheet tab and highlight the name to see what it is. Is there a fix to this?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Could you explain your problem more clearly? Are you saying the worksheet tabs aren't displaying? They are by default Sheet1; Sheet2; Sheet3

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you hit us up with a screenshot, please? I'm not sure I understand, either. :(

4. calyxman thread starter macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Thanks for the feedback. Here are the screen shots. The first one is when you're just viewing the tabs, the second is when I have to double click the tab (like when you're renaming it) to view the name when it's highlighted.

I just noticed this occurrence recently.

Attached Files:

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

urm - basic response - try repairing permissions, trash the .plist file!

you havent happened to written the name of the sheet in white have you? i dont know if that is possible, but could possibly explain it dissapearing!

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I can't tell if I'm hallucinating, seeing JPG artifacts, or if it seems like there is something printed on those tabs in a very, very light color. But I also noticed you've changed some colors and things.

It doesn't seem to be possible to change the color or other text characteristics of the sheet name in the normal way, though....

Hmmm, very strange.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past. Generally, restarting Excel has fixed it but on occasion, as russed mentions it may help to delete the .plist file for Excel. I've never had to repair permissions to fix it, but it can't hurt.

8. russed macrumors 68000

russed

yeh, i noticed that and hence said abotu the possibility of changing the text colour

9. calyxman thread starter macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Thanks for the responses. I reinstalled the 10.1.6 update from mactopia.com and everything seems fine now.