Exchange a white MB for a black one?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by xfiftyfour, Aug 7, 2006.

1. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Hey,

Okay, I've read a couple people that have or want to try exchanging their white MBs for a black one from Apple and paying the difference (presumably because of the white's problems, or just their preference), and I was just curious if anyone was actually able to get Apple to agree to this?

As it stands, I'll probably be selling my white MB and just paying the difference to get a black one, but if I could avoid that hassle and go straight through Apple, that would be much easier.

So I just wanted to hear from anyone - as I understand it, Apple isn't allowing this (which makes sense), but have people gotten exceptions?

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Well, if it's been 14 days, then I doubt it. You could "accidentally break it" and take it back, but I doubt they will give you ur cash back, they will probably just give you another, or repair ur Macbook. If they just throw you a new one, then just sell it, in the box on like eBay or sumthin. But, as far as ur plan goes, I highly doubt it.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you live in a big city, then leave it on the road for a few days and let the tyres and exhaust give it a nice charcoal look. Your MacBook will be pretty unique, if it doesn't get stolen. :)

4. xfiftyfour thread starter macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

haha, i like that plan mad jew!

and as far as that being "my plan" (exchanging it through Apple) - it wasn't. I've just read a few people that claim to have done this or want to do this, and wanted to know if there was anyone out there that actually had. it didn't make sense to me why apple would agree to this.

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

If it's within the 14 days, they kind of have to take it back, because it's their policy. You'll probably just end up paying a 15% restocking fee and then the additional $ for a black Macbook.

6. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I bought my white one on the day it came out. It yellowed in 2 days, and I took it back to the store and they swapped it for a black one (plus the price difference), no questions asked and no restocking fees.