All iPads Exchange for dust under screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kenscanon, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I just purchased my first iPad, and I love it. Everything about it is perfect, except for a dark speck of dust under the screen in the very far lower left corner. It is hardly noticeable while the screen is held at normal length, and it doesn't do much to detract from my enjoyment while using the iPad. It mostly bothers me because I just spent 500 dollars on this, and for that amount of money I feel as if I should receive a flawless product. I do understand that defects sneak through every once in a while.

I am considering going to my Apple store to see if I can exchange it under warranty for a new one, since I just purchased it this past Friday. My only concern is whether or not it is actually worth it. I don't want to risk getting another iPad with a worse screen or other problems. I also don't really want a refurb, even though I know they are fine, with the same warranty and so on. Everything else with my iPad is flawless.

thoughts?

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

A great number of people feel this way, and I can appreciate the idea. Frankly, though, such expectations are unreasonable.

Whether or not to return it is a personal decision. I suspect I wouldn't exchange it, but if this is going to ruin your ability to use your iPad then you might consider doing it.

3. macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

You could also just return it instead of exchange. If there is something that you keep keying in on that gives you heartburn, don't live with it. Explain your situation to the Genius and I'm sure they'll help you out!

4. macrumors regular

UK apple stores can just return within 14 days for no reason. Not sure about elsewhere in the world.

If it bugs you enough to post here.. then you already know the answer. ;)

5. macrumors regular

Return it for a new one. Don't play the refurbished lottery unless you're stuck with that route.