Exchange Office for Mac 2011 for PC Office

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jlmg, Oct 27, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi. I love my MBP, but I am getting a PC laptop for business use. I am keeping the MBP at home for home use and to share with my wife. I currently use Office for Mac 2011 H&B, and would like to exchange that license for Office 2010 for PC H&B. With so many users migrating from PCs to Macs there should be many in the opposite situation. This could mean swapping keys or even mailing the original box which I still have.

Is anybody aware of a marketplace to exchange licenses? Or a solution. I don't have the money right now to purchase a new Office license and keep the one I currently own unused.

I already searched the macrumors forums looking for this and couldn't find anything related.

Thank you.

2. macrumors 6502a

You might want to check the EULA. Microsoft doen't allow "swapping". Your best bet is to contact Microsoft direct to see what they can do.

3. macrumors regular

If you have original "retail boxed" product, you have only activated in terms of the licence and provided you have uninstalled it, maybe best is to sell it on ebay and then buy the PC version as new.

4. macrumors 6502

dianeoforegon

I've never seen a case reported where Microsoft offered a credit or swap. If it's in the first 30 days since purchase you might be able to get a refund.