Exchange student ADC purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coolchan, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolchan macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2006
    So, I'm going to study in Canada this Fall. I'm thinking of buying a Macbook (or iMac) now here in Europe, and upgrade to a Macbook Pro next year before I come home.

I want to use the Student ADC store to get the 20% discount.
    I will create an account with my current university, and when I arrive at Canada I will create a new one at that university.

I know that it's one machine per lifetime. So do you think they will check it that thoroughly regarding my identity across countries? (My name isn't that unique.)

I know it's kinda like gaming (cheating) the the system. Before you judge me, I just want to say that the price of all Macs in Canada is half of the price compared here.

And the reason I want to purchase one now, is that I'm going to write my thesis soon and need a better computer.
  2. student_trap macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2005
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    just so you know, you are allowed to buy one desktop and one laptop per year with an edu discount
  3. coolchan thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm talking about the ADC Student Membership, one hardware discount per lifetime 20% off. Not the regular student discount.
  4. spyderracer393 macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2006
    he is talking about the ADC member discount, not the Education discount - with ADC its somelike 500 dollars (for a pro machine) and 200 bucks for a consumer machine.
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    When you sign up with the ADC student program, you have to agree to the terms and conditions of the program. If you can't do that, don't sign up.
  6. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    We do not discuss ways to cheat Apple or violate the licensing agreements of it or any other company.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.