Exchanging Goods

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HermanTheGerman, Apr 24, 2006.

1. HermanTheGerman macrumors member

What happens to exchanged Apple gadgets, such as whining MacBook Pros, for instance?

Let's imagine you buy it, take a look at it, play around with it for a little bit and then eventually decide to return/exchange it for whatsoever reason. As the packing is more or less bashed-up, Apple cannot immediately offer it for resale.

So do they repack the items and then sell them again? Or do they put them on sale as refurbs?

It must be pretty bad for Apple to face all these returns (I am aware of people who are on their seventh MacBook Pro right now) without charging a restocking fee (as for Apple's German sales, German law forbids to charge you this very fee).

Or even worse: returned iPods. Most of them ought to bear scratches.
    I hope you can trace my trains of thought without considering them completely redundant. :eek:

2. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

I imagine some are sold as factory refurbs, or maybe Apple strips some for parts. Apple probably has a nice employee discount store as well on opened box product.