Excite Truck

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

People are talking on this board about a lot of Wii stuff, but I rarely see Excite Truck mentioned. Do people not like it? Personally, it's the only racing game I've really liked (aside from MarioKart) since the NES was the only thing out there. I've always hated racing games and been unable to control them well, but Excite Truck is still a favorite Wii game of mine, and I got it on launch day! Flying through the air, making my own trails all over the place, putting my own music on it, etc etc, this is one great game.

I LOVE super tree runs!

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have it, and I'm not a big fan. I don't like racing games(minus Mario Kart) but I say what the heck, and I got it. Its a fine game...but later in the Wii's life spand, I doubt I'll ever pick it up and play it.

Now if it had online, then I'd play it more(most likely)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Much like the PS3, ExciteTruck isn't out here yet :(

WHOA. new :apple: smilie! just noticed that.

4. applekid macrumors 68020

And it makes your Wii a damn good MP3 player for $50! :D

Seriously though, I absolutely LOVE this game. But I absolutely HATE the price. $50 is asking too much, in my opinion. I'll get it when the price drops. I was playing this with my friend when EB Games first got the Wii and had Excite Truck as the demo game. Hopefully down the line we'll see more racing games like Excite Truck that support things like, say online play and have more bang for the buck.

This is definitely one of the better multiplayer games on the Wii currently (this coming from a guy that hated Rayman or at least felt it was overrated). So rent it if you got friends over.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

meh, i think its worth $50. I had a lot of fun with it. But once you get passed Super Excite it does start getting a bit repetitive.

Rent it to see if its for you, but i think its one of the must haves of the launch games for the Wii.

Ed

6. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I was hesitant, but I bought it because I craved a racing game. I don't regret it one bit. I LOVE this game. It feels so fast, and it's just so over the top-- so, so much fun. And then, I got and SD and raced to my own music, and it actually made it a whole lot MORE fun. I didn't think it'd make much of a difference, but it did.

Get this game and a >512MB SD card, load up some mp3s and enjoy.

(btw, just got the Monster Truck, now I have to unlock Mirror Mode so I can get the Crazy Monster Truck...)

7. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I posted a review of it a few weeks ago. After Zelda, I think it is the best game for the Wii...I think I gave it a 9.0. The music does suck but like the poster above said, you can use your own. Also, it starts out very easy and progresses to extremely challenging... Anyone who likes arcade racers should pick it up.

8. zane macrumors 6502

I love it. How do you put your own music on it.

9. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Buy an SD card (probably 1GB will do, but I have a 2GB), I recommend SanDisk (a friend of mine found a really cheap off-brand 4GB card, but it won't copy Wii data to it, for some reason), and also buy an SD card reader for your computer, put some mp3 files on the card (Excite Truck only recognizes up to 100 songs) and then put it in the slot inside the flap on the front. Boot up Excite Truck, go into a race, pause it, go to sound, choose "SD Card" and choose your song!

10. zane macrumors 6502

great thanks but is there a way to use a flashdrive

11. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I guess I'm the only one who liked the music? :( But I also really enjoyed adding my own to the game.

Anyway, yeah, Zelda and then Excite Truck. More fun than 360 barrels of monkeys. ;)

12. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

I have heard that Wii can only recognise SD cards up to 2GB. This may change with an OS update.

My iTunes library is full of AAC files. I know that iTunes can convert those to MP3 but doing so would erase the original AACs. Can anyone recommend a utility that can convert a folder of AAC files to MP3s without erasing the originals?

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I enjoyed it at my friends, but have not bought it. Probably won't since there are too many other games I want right now.

<]=)

14. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Some of the tracks have decent music... especially the last one you unlock. Kind of reminds me of the Burnout 2 soundtrack.

15. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

When it comes out here us Europeans will be paying €60 ($77) for it. So IMHO $50 (€38) ain't a bad price. I've seen GBA games recently in Virgin for $58.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Buy it from Smyths mate, you save yourself 10% so we'll be able to get it for €54 (Still more expensive than most places - but better than a smack in the mouth with a wet fish ;) ) :D

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope. On a technical level it's the best soundtrack I've ever heard. Instruments add/remove at events, pitch changes, can add modulation etc. in real time. It's beautiful.
    I find it ironic that Chris Huelsbeck said he would never use MP3 in soundtracks, yet in all his latest project (even Lair) he's still using run of the mill, non-dynamic music formats. Whereas Koji/Whoever did this soundtrack has decided to push the boat with module music. Just shows me that Factor 5 have changed philosophies that made them a unique developer. ho hum.

Love the soundtrack. Especially the field music.

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I like this game, I think its the best the Wii has to offer. I spend more time with this game than any other....entertaining.

Bless

19. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

If you think this has the best soundtrack on a technical level you should really check out the latest videos for SSX Blur :)

20. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

That would make sense. All cards above 2GB are so-called SD-HC cards (stands for high capacity). Its a slightly different technology. I'm not sure if its only based on different software though.

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never been interested in snowboarding games since Cool Boarders 3. But yea, Blur looks very promising :D

I just really hope Module music doesn't die. Take the flexibility of midi and add custom instruments. Started in the late 80s and still is the best choice for game soundtracks.