Exclude from shuffle

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Howard Brazee, Dec 29, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I have some audio files which I intend to use to assist in working on my tempo on the golf course. How can I exclude them from my iPod shuffle?

2. macrumors newbie

There's two ways to do it. The easiest way is to clear the check-box just in front of the file you don't want iTunes to include when it syncs with your iPod. The other way is to turn off "Autofill" and manually put the tracks that you want on your shuffle.

3. macrumors 68030

apfhex

You could create a Smart Playlist that excludes the tracks you do not want, then sync the iPod with that playlist.

4. macrumors 6502a

Iv'e tried clearing the checkbox but songs are still included on the shuffle but they won't play as the check box on the shuffle is also cleared. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I manually drag over tunes , its quite good fun honing the playlst until it's perfect.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I want those melodies on my iPod - but I only plan on using them on the practice range at the golf course.

6. macrumors 68000

pianoman

create a playlist (not a smart playlist) with the songs you want, then go to iPod options and instead of clicking "sync all songs", check "sync playlists" and choose the playlist that has all your songs in it.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I created a "Golf" playlist. I tried various ways of getting rid of moving my files to that list, but ended up deleting them (without deleting them) from those lists, and dragging my files to the golf playlist.

But files with names such as "01_21_7-Swing Set.mp3" still have names like "Track 03". I coulf find them because of the Album name "Tour Tempo".

I also accidentally copied some other songs which I have no idea where they came from (The Buggles).

So now I'm trying to verify that they are no longer in other playlist - and wondering about the Apple way to move them from one playlist to another. And I'm trying to rename the files so that they have useful names. I will be wanting to browse to the meaningful name when I'm at the golf course and play them.

I also subscribed to a golf podcast and want them to be in the golf playlist.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I have these songs in my Golf playlist. But they also are in my "music" list. When I uncheck it one place, it unchecks both places.

I try going to the "music" folder of my iPod, but don't seem to be able to select anything there, even the headings to change the sort order, which seems stuck on "Artist".

It's probably just a setting I can't find.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I finally decided to take the risk and delete these songs from the iPod "music" selection.

It also deleted them from the golf play list.

So how do I get them back to the golf playlist but nowhere else?

Also: Why is it that I cannot change the sort order of "music" within the iPod selection of iTunes? It is in Artist order, but I don't seem to be able to select any of the features there the way I can non-iPod stuff.

I wasted some money on a book today to get these answers - but it has lots of stuff I already know.