Excluding forum from forumspy, like you can in search?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Aniej, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I was looking at the sticky thread about excluding a forum from my search, but didn't see anything about whether I can exclude a forum from forumspy, like you can in search?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

http://spy.macrumors.com/

There's a Preferences link near the top where you can exclude specific forums.

arn

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Thanks buddy. While I have you here and am on the topic, what would you think about adding a feature to forumspy that allows a thread I started or a thread I posted on to be highlighted in a certain color if I select that as an option. It could even be added to the drop down menu where the email options are located. The reason is I do not always want to receive an email alerting me to a response either because I am staying in the MR website or it can just be a bit annoying to get all those emails when all I really want is a heads up, something easily achieved by this suggestion and helpful for quickly identifying my topics of interest. I would love to see this and hope you consider it.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The subscriptions sort of handle that... and you can turn off email notifications for subscriptions. Subscribed threads have a checkbox next to their titles.

Did you try that?

arn

Attached Files:

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

I did not. Good idea. Would still love to see some color highlight like my buddy list, which also could really benefit from allowing us to select the color as it pertains to a specific buddy, but thats much lower on my list than the suggestion we are currently discussing. As always thanksnfor the help.