exif stats grapher?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by thumb, Jun 7, 2006.

1. thumb macrumors 6502

hi all,

I have done a few searches here, at dpreview.com and at the nikoncafe.com looking for a mac version of a exif stats grapher. basically, it goes through a folder tree and plots the various stats of your photos (apeture, focal length etc)

here is a link that shows one for the windows world:

http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=73762

any thoughts, or ideas how to do this ones self

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

For the way I organize myself, I would love an OSX utility like this.

3. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Funny, I asked this not even a week ago with no response whatsoever :confused:

I ended up creating smart albums with ranges set to what I wanted, then plotting the number of photos in each smart album. Hey, I just had to know!

4. efoto macrumors 68030

I'm sure it can be done but it seems like it would take some pretty fancy programming on someone's part. The program would have to access the exif data for each image and then report it to another file as raw data. The graphing portion should be cake....it's just getting all of the exif data extracted in a batch operation that seems hard to do.

5. thumb thread starter macrumors 6502

would this be the rigth program? seems to output a tabbed data set. what would be the easiest way to make it graphical?

thanks

6. efoto macrumors 68030

I honestly have no idea....I'm not a programmer in the least. I was just commenting based on what I thought may need to be done, by no means take that as gospel.