Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
i an looking at buy a MyBook. Expansys has the best price buy about 25$. has anyone had any experience with them. they have stores in the UK, USA. i will be buying from Australian store.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Their UK store is fast and reliable, as long as the item is in stock. Beware if part of your order is out of stock though: they don't reserve the rest of your order while they wait for the out-of-stock item, so one of the other parts of your order could go out of stock while you wait for the first item to come in, then you have to wait for the second one to come, then the first has gone out of stock again etc....

Can't speak for any of their international stores, not used them.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Yup, good experiences everytime with the UK store.

Watch there stock level tho, its not very dynamic! i have ordered when they said they were in stock and later found out they weren't so call and make sure they have it before ordering.

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Likewise

furious said:
i an looking at buy a MyBook. Expansys has the best price buy about 25$. has anyone had any experience with them. they have stores in the UK, USA. i will be buying from Australian store.

I have purchased a LOT of equipment, both on a Corporate and personal level from these guys and have to say that their Customer Service was excellent. Well informed techies, good sales, good after-sales. I do agree with some of the other posters though, that stock levels shown on the site are not always 100% accurate, though to be fair, they do hold HUGE stocks of some items.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.