iPad mini Expected date is Dec 21st. Any chance I won't see it before Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stevo8, Dec 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Purchased a white 16g mini for a gift and apple stated it delivers dec 21st by 2-3business days. Since the 21st is a fri and three business days could put it to the 25th in which case mail wont be running, is there any chance Ill get screwed by a day and it wont show, or has apple been pretty good with expected delivery dates?

2. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Apple in general is very good with delivery dates. If it moves it most likely would move up. :)

3. macrumors regular

MacIke

I bought mine on Monday morning CST. I was told Dec 14 for delivery. It is sitting in Memphis right now! A solid week ahead of time.

4. macrumors 65816

Yes, there's a chance, but not likely.

5. macrumors regular

Same with mine. It was suppose to be here for the 12th but is now scheduled for the 6th.

6. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Only on a rare occasion did I get an apple product after the estimated date, so I think the odds are very good, but like anything YMMV and its still a remote possibility

7. macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Apple is guaranteeing delivery before Christmas. "Order iPad mini by midnight December 5 for guaranteed delivery before Christmas."

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

What does the guarantee get me if it doesnt show?

9. macrumors member

Why didnt you buy from Tesco Direct, they had lots yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow;))

Mine is a 32gb 3g though so i suppose they are easier to get than the 16gb wifi's

AC

10. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

If it doesn't show, Apple will probably refund any shipping costs.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

I wanted the ability to return it if its not what she wanted, and since I live right next to a apple store it just made more sense to get it direct.

----------

all $6 lol

12. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Better than nothing.;) You could always ask for something else.

13. macrumors member

Oh right your in the states...

In th UK we are covered by distance selling regulations which mean that if anything is bought over the internet we have 7 days as a return window. UK is generally **** but pretty epic in that regard, lol;)

14. macrumors member

You may want to try the store pickup option. Just check every night after 10:00pm(pacific time), and it will tell you if a store around you has one in stock. I find it's best to check Monday night and Thursday night. I had the most luck on those days. After you order it, you will be able to go to whatever Apple store you chose and pick it up the next day.

Also, don't limit yourself to Apple store. In my area, the Apple stores were usually out of mini's but my local Best Buy's had plenty of white mini's. Unfortunately, I wanted the black one, so I had to use the store pickup option.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been trying that but will be out of town for a bit so that won't work. I might try bestbuy and just return it if the one from apple comes in on time.

16. macrumors newbie

Little off topic, but the worlds gonna end on December 21, so unless you get it a few days early it won't matter :)

17. macrumors newbie

I ordered mine yesterday and it said "Delivers Dec. 24th". I didn't even know FedEx/UPS ran on Christmas Eve, so any chance I'll get it sooner? I did order before the 5th, which means the whole guaranteed delivery before Christmas thing.

18. macrumors 68000

Medic311

there is a chance, but if that happens you can just call up and you'll be given a free smart cover and probably some $$$ off as well

19. macrumors newbie

Odds are good....

I ordered a 32GB VZ black iPad Mini on 11/25. At the time was slated to ship on 12/14 with delivery on 12/17.

It shipped on 11/30, and is showing delivery due by FedEx on 12/6. It left Memphis this evening.... If it's on a plane, rather than a truck, I'd expect it to deliver tomorrow.

So if my experience is any measure, you should be in good shape.

Grimmwit

20. macrumors regular

MacIke

Update: total time from order to in hand was 7 day 3 hours.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE: on track to be here the 12th! Pretty excited about that. I also found out my girlfriend got me one for Christmas and it will arrive today which is about a week early.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502