Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Faster Shipping?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

ScarletRed

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2006
Right here
Expedited shipping? Let's see... I received my brand new (and fully upgraded) MacBook Pro exactly two days after I paid for it online (ebay). Shipping was free and I didn't pay tax because it was outside my state. And all that for only $2599.00 so yes, it was worth it, I guess.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
The Answer is based off this question-
How early in the morning do you wake up on Christmas (or insert equlivlant gifting holiday) day?

In CA, there isn't an issue. So no. but when I use other venders other than Apple, it does make a difference. Also, upgrading you shipping makes the shipment more secure. From time to time employees nic things, and because of the tracking, or perhaps because the stuff doesn’t sit around much, supposedly Overnight or 2nd day is more secure.

nonforma

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
I paid $15 for second day shipping, compared to the total cost of the order it wasn't much more. But it shipped on the morning of June 19, and Fedex now shows it as coming on June 22, which is three days, so I'll just call Apple and ask for a refund. It's pretty standard to get shipping refunds if they don't arrive on time. Except for DHL/Airborne, their shipping times are not guaranteed, which is beyond me.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
It is alot more worth it because if you get it regularly, the shipping would take almost if not a whole week to get your computer.

With express, you get it in 3 days. Reason why it takes three days is because it takes a whole day to clear customs. Atleast that was the case for me. My ipod and printer though shipped relatively close to me so it that was like overnight for me.

coal

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Portland, OR
I didn't see the need to upgrade the shipping and was completely prepared to wait.

I was surprised though that Fedex delivered a day ahead of schedule. It left China on the 15th and arrived here after the weekend on the 20th. Not bad at all!

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
yeah, fedex does tend to usually over estimate the shipping date....

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Quick question, if you order several things from Apple, let's say a refurb 1.83GHz MBP and a Brenthaven Metro case, and the MBP says it will ship in 1-3 days and the Brenthaven Metro case says it will ship in 7-10 days, will they ship in the same package or separately? I'm asking because I'm getting expedited shipping, but I don't want to have everything that I'm ordering have to wait on that case to ship in 7 days.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I wish when I checked Apple Order Status, it would say my purchase was shipped.... It should be :D

coal

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Portland, OR
regre7 said:
Quick question, if you order several things from Apple, let's say a refurb 1.83GHz MBP and a Brenthaven Metro case, and the MBP says it will ship in 1-3 days and the Brenthaven Metro case says it will ship in 7-10 days, will they ship in the same package or separately? I'm asking because I'm getting expedited shipping, but I don't want to have everything that I'm ordering have to wait on that case to ship in 7 days.

They ship everything separately as it becomes available. It should say something to that effect in your order details at the apple site.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Makes no difference, I've decided to buy the MBP from Amazon, where I can get one day shipping for $3 with an Amazon Prime trial.

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
I paid for expedited shipping. I ordered my macbook on Friday. I checked my shipping status and it's in Japan with an estimated arrival date of June 26. :confused: I wasted $18.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
timerollson said:
I paid for expedited shipping. I ordered my macbook on Friday. I checked my shipping status and it's in Japan with an estimated arrival date of June 26. :confused: I wasted $18.
Call apple and ask for your money back. From what I've read around here, you will probably get your money back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.