Experience the First Virtualization Solution for Intel-powered Macs!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by simie, Apr 6, 2006.

1. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/?www.reghardware.co.uk

Experience the First Virtualization Solution for Intel-powered Macs!

’s here! Parallels is proud to launch the Beta program the first virtualization solution specifically designed to work with Intel-powered Apple computers! Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta for Mac OS X is NOT simply a "dual-boot" solution; rather, it empowers users the ability to use Windows, Linux and any other operating system at the same time as Mac OS X, enabling users to enjoy the comfort of their Mac OS X desktop while still being able to use critical applications from other OSes.

Be part of this important Beta program!

Download a free, fully functional copy of Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta for Mac OS X now! During your evaluation, please let us know about your experience; click the “submit feedback” button to share your comments, suggestions or any performance issues you encounter.

Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta for Mac OS X offers users a number of important features, including:

Broad OS Support:
    Use any version of Windows (3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, 2003), any Linux distribution, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2, eComStation, or MS-DOS in secure virtual machines running alongside Mac OS X.
    Great Performance:
    Driven by full support for dual-core processors and Intel Virtualization Technology (included in almost every new Intel-powered Mac), virtual machines created using Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta offer near-native performance and rock-solid stability.
    Unmatched Ease of Use:
    Download the program and install it with a single click. Build a virtual machine in seconds using helpful wizards. Configure virtual machines using a simple web-inspired interface.
    Works on any Intel-powered Mac:
    Any Intel Powered Macintosh running OS X 10.4.4 or higher is compatible with Parallels Workstation 2.1.
    Download and Evaluate Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta for Mac OS X now!

Get your trial copy by clicking on the “Download” button below. Don’t forget to tell us about your experience!

http://www.parallels.com/files/upload/Parallels_Workstation_2_1_WhitePaper.pdf

http://www.parallels.com/en/download/mac/

http://download.parallels.com/beta/Parallels_Workstation_2_1_User_Guide_For_Mac_OS_X_on_Intel.pdf

http://download.parallels.com/beta/...1_Quick_Start_Guide_For_Mac_OS_X_on_Intel.pdf

http://download.parallels.com/beta/..._Installation_Guide_For_Mac_OS_X_on_Intel.pdf

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

3. secondplace macrumors member

i just downloaded the beta 3 of parallels workstation. still got some bugs to work out, but much improved from original release.

www.parallels.com

4. secondplace macrumors member

update: parallels actually just released beta 4. haven't had much time to screw around with it yet tho.

5. secondplace macrumors member

anybody working with beta 4? full screen works, but no widescreen yet. hopefully on the next beta.

6. Edge100 macrumors 68000

Yeah, widescreen would be nice, but some proper graphics drivers would be better.

7. secondplace macrumors member

what problems are you having with the graphics?

8. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

He probably wants accelerated graphics drivers. That is, drivers that would allow him to play 3d games and the like.

9. Edge100 macrumors 68000

Bingo!

Parallels says they're in the pipeline, which is good to know.

10. milkdev macrumors member

milkdev

Could someone please explain what's the main difference between Parallels and Q?

Thanks a lot.

11. secondplace macrumors member

I've also heard that accelerated graphics drivers are on the way for parallels. at least, they're lined up for the general release.

12. Malcster macrumors 6502

bump! beta 5 is out now and its shaping up really nicely! finally there is some limited usb support and proper fullscreen mode too (even with mac cube style switching!) Its good enough for me now that i have removed boot camp (i dont do games) so much nicer to be able to stay in Mac OS X! :)

milkdev.. Q still works under emulation, no virtualisation yet (altho they are working on it)

13. secondplace macrumors member

are you using a MBP? are you still getting like an inch of empty screen on either side in full screen mode? or is it actually the whole screen?

14. Malcster macrumors 6502

Nope, its proper fullscreen now, after setting it to fullscreen, go into display properties set the windows resolution inside the guest os to 1440x900 (assuming its MBP) and its sorted :)

15. secondplace macrumors member

got it, thanks for the help. it was good before, but this looks even cleaner now.

16. dr_lha macrumors 68000

You shouldn't even have to do that. On mine the video driver automatically resizes to fit to full screen in Windows XP.

So I have on my desktop, "800x600" Windows XP in a window, then when I click on the "full screen" button it rotates, and resizes the Windows desktop to 1680x1050 automatically.

17. secondplace macrumors member

DR, that's an interesting way to display it. Has anyone tried the new "cube" feature to swtich between OSes?

18. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you can cube between OS'es?! *downloads parallels*

*edit* tried the cube feature... amazing. Now that is a sure way to wow my PC fanboy friends!

19. menziep macrumors 6502a

20. secondplace macrumors member

Yeah Kingsley, the cube feature is reeeeeaaaaal tight. it's kind of like an added bonus, just to make it a little flashier. but it's pretty functional as well. how are things working out w/ beta 6?