Experience with SWiSHmax?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iBook, Jan 16, 2005.

1. iBook macrumors regular

Has anyone here bought and used a product called SWiSHmax?

http://www.swishzone.com/

It allows you to create "Flash-style" animations in a WYSIWIG GUI, of sorts. I don't own Flash, and the product is a bit less expensive. I've been able to do some interesting animations with it -- nothing very complex because I don't have any kind of manual.

Anyway... trying to decide if I should purchase it after the demo elapses.

Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know? Are you legally permitted to keep work created while the software was in demo mode -- if you later decide not to purchase the software? :confused:

2. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

i have used it a bit - school (that i use to go to) has about 500 computers using it, it is great for simple stuff really easy to use out of the box! haven't used it in the last 6 months thou - out of the pro web dev area.

3. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

I've used it at work to make flash banners and stuff for websites...does the trick well. I didn't think it was available for Mac, though...?

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Whoa, I never thought I'd hear the name again. Brings back memories, I loved that program, and used it extensively back in the late 1990's. It's iMovie for Flash. Really enjoyed the program - I bought it and all.

5. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

iBook has a pc in his sig - i guess he is running it on that