Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Pretty good . . .

I had mine go (G3-900) on about the 20th of December. I took it to the local reseller on about the 22nd. (after backing it up . TDM style). The machine was ready to pick up on 30th. Not bad for 'over the holidays' service. All harddrive contents were intact, machine was clean and well assembled. The only downside was that I had to reinstall FCP3 again as it seems to validate again the serial on the logic board.

I never xbenched it before taking it in, but did run cinebench. The results were within a percent (I get about that much variation between test anyways) and it still runs slightly faster on Cinebench than my friend's TiBook 867. So . . . no change in performance.

Note: this repair was done prior to the actually 'Logic Board replacement Program' started, but I see no reason to expect any different now.

ChoMomma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Follow up :)

Okay, so I have my iBook back as of this morning.

So first thing first, I get my iBook out of the shipping box.
Remove the wrapper, and power it up.
Then, after a complete start up I choose About This Mac from
the Apple Menu. And to my great and happy surprise what do I see!!!?!?!?!!? 32MB Vram instead of my 16MB Vram that it left
with!!!!!

I'm one HAPPY iBook owner now :D not only did I get my logic
board replaced, but a free 16MB upgrade for my video :D hehe!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.