experiences with yoga

Discussion in 'Community' started by indifference, Nov 7, 2004.

1. indifference macrumors regular

hey has anyone done yoga regularlly? I was wondering what htey have felt on it and experienced. I am finding it wonderful to do so. I also like music too.

2. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I've never done it. It is on my list of things to try someday. When I get the time, I'd like to try it to see if it helps alleviate some of my back pain (of course losing my 'inner tube' would also help). :)

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Tell us a little more about your experience: how you got involved, what you do, etc.

4. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

I started yoga for two and a half years at Evergreen taking classes. Then over the summer I finally had a good rug. I used yoga because I was sitting down all day and it would help my back. Then I become more confident in it, and i found it to be really good exercize. Not only did it help my back, it made me more in tune with other people's emotions. I also like music too.

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i don't know if its possible to explain on a forum but what exactly does yoga involve? is it like meditation?

6. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

it can be some of both. I ususally just use it for stretching, I find sometimes that as I stretch that I can be calm. But you can also do poses at the beginning and end that will help you have the center at meditation like by sitting down and crossing your legs with your hands centered together.

Yoga can be stretching so if you run, you can do exercizies on your legs before and after that will help the tenssion. I hear it can also help with depression and stress. I wonder what happens when we can no longer do yoga?

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I'm tired and the 1st thing I read was: experiences with Yoda? :p ...

Yeah, Yoga is a nice solution for some situations (Too much work, Personal problems, studies...) It's not an everyday thing for me but once in a while, works...